*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233715-Through-the-Window-Pt-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Friendship · #1233715
"Jack had always been the type to act on impulse." A story of friendship & potential love.
Lifting his other arm, Jack extended it and ghosted his outstretched hand a few inches above Alaric’s body. Slowly, starting at the base of Alaric’s back, Jack moved his hand up the boy’s spine and stopped right above the blonde’s head. His hand hovered there for a moment. Jack was tempted to let his hand fall, knowing that the fair curls were as soft as they looked.

But a brusque knock at the door tore him from his reverie, and Jack immediately retracted his hand as if burned.

“Alaric! Dinner is ready. Come down before th--Oh!” Having pushed the door open, Alaric’s mother widened her eyes in surprise upon spotting her son's friend in the room.

“Hullo Mrs. Foss,” Jack replied, already sitting up, cross-legged with hands on both knees, long fingers tapping to a sort of nervous beat. Alaric had yet to move.

“Jack! I didn’t know Alaric had you over… You are free to join us for dinner if you wish.” The woman, who appeared regal dressed in all black and with her hair done in a meticulous bun, had a look of consternation on her face, no doubt pondering how Jack had managed to get into the house without her or one of the servants noticing. Her frown unknowingly deepened.

“No, he was just leaving Mother. I will be ready and downstairs for dinner in a minute,” answered Alaric, getting up from his lackadaisical sprawl on the bed.

“Right, well, don’t take too long. ” Mrs. Foss closed the door behind her and headed down the stairs, her heels going clack-clack down the marble steps. She never really approved of their friendship, thinking of the dark-haired youth as nothing more than a troublemaker. It couldn’t be helped though, after all, they’ve known each other since grade school and have been attached to the hip ever since.  At least Jack comes from a wealthy family, she rationalized, and the thought was enough to pacify her for the time being.

[to be continued...]
© Copyright 2007 I.M. Kingfisher (eneri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233715-Through-the-Window-Pt-2