*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233827-Losing-My-Words
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1233827
Why you should never think too much
One day I was sitting and thinking of something. Thinking, thinking, thinking. Sentences, phrases and paragraphs began to pile up in my brain. My thought was almost complete, and then, without warning, words started spilling out of my ears. They poured out, shattering into random letters as they hit the blank paper. I quickly covered my ears to stop the mass exodus of thoughts. This caused my nose to rupture into a burst of fragmented sentences, flailing wildly in every direction. My once connected thoughts were now just scrambled letters in no apparent order on the formerly white sheet. I frantically searched the paper for some sense of sequence, some clue as to what I had been thinking about. I spotted a “d” next to two “k”s and those evil “q’’s were all grouped together. The vowels were stuck together so snuggly it was almost moving. Even the “y”s were welcome –but not all of them. It reminded me of a movie scene when a family has been reunited after many years of being separated. I had just about given up hope of regaining any control of my thoughts when I spotted it. I only dare to look at it out of the corner of my eye for fear that the letters would disperse with my glance. There the most beautiful compilation of letters perfectly arranged in the midst of the chaos.  There my salvation, the core of my idea. One simple word. Out of all the words in all the languages in the world this was the one that summed up my entire thought. It made me realize how wasteful and careless I had been with my thoughts. I should have tried to conserve instead of contributing to the ever increasing problem of letter wasting.

As I sit back now more enlightened I reflect on that perfect word. I feel the outline of each letter allowing myself to be a traveler along its perimeter. It’s like an amusement ride giving me the feeling of absolute bliss for an instance and then it ends leaving me fulfilled. It takes a while for my mind to focus again having the feeling that someone had just triggered a flash bulb directly into my brain. As the objects begin to take shape around me I know what I must do. I pick up my pen to begin to journal my experience and then I truly grasp the magnitude of the occurrence. The irony is so apparent, so much so that I begin to laugh. For what I realize was that this mind blowing, life altering experience has left me with no words remaining to express it. 
© Copyright 2007 closetwriter (outthere at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1233827-Losing-My-Words