*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235581-The-girl-I-tried-to-be
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SJames
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Drama · #1235581
A poem about life, love and being left behind.
Someday you are going to look back and remember me for the girl that I tried so hard to be.
You'll see that no matter what the circumstances I was always there. Behind you every step of the way, It was always you and me.

I knew your flaws and imperfections but I never turned my back on you.
To me there was none better, I made sure that was something you knew.

I helped you through the pain of another breaking your heart,
I fought beside you when the demon's left behind from your addiction's threatened to tear you apart.

I was the one you ran to when life became too much to bear,
However when the time came that I needed you, you weren't there.
You walked away from me without a backwards glance. After all we've been through,How can you just not care?

All of those years and it's like you didn't see me.
That's alright though because someday you are going to look back and remember me for the girl I tried to be.
© Copyright 2007 SJames (seasonleigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235581-The-girl-I-tried-to-be