*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235659-Take-Your-Pick-Pigs-or-Men
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1235659
this is a definition essay i had to write for english 101
The term slob brings a couple of things to mind when it is mentioned. I find this term to be derogatory, but sometimes accurate in describing men and pigs. A slob describes someone or something lacking manners. Both relate with each other in some form or fashion.
In my opinion, men are the worst of the two. They pick their noses in public. For example, my dad will be sitting in church and all of a sudden he just sticks his finger up his nose and begins picking it. I suppose he must think that there are things hanging down from it when in reality there is nothing there. I can not count the number of times I have chastised him for this unseemly action. However, that is not nearly as bad as scratching oneself in public. Women would never do such a horrific action. You can enter into any given place and notice some guy who is performing their scratching techniques. It is gross and reveals qualities of bad manners. Men also leave their underwear on the floor in the bathroom. I suppose slobs can not take the time to bend over after showering and taking their dirty laundry to the hamper. For instance, I have gone into the bathroom numerous times to shower or do my business, and I will find my brother’s underwear just lying there out in the open. Also, men allow their bedrooms to become inhabitable due to the junk everywhere. It is not necessarily dirty, but it is junky. They collect the most things, and then refuse to get rid of their old possessions. My grandpa has a shed where he has every type of tool imaginable. Most of them are not even from this decade. There are also boats, gas cans, and shovels. You name it, he owns it. Belching is another prime example of bad manners found in men. While I am eating in the college cafeteria, I hear male students belching and laughing about it. I lose my appetite right there on the spot and can not enjoy the rest of my lunch. It is sickening to hear that and then if you are close enough you can also smell it too.
Pigs are about the same, but they are more on the dirty and smelly side. If you visit a farm, you will notice that they enjoy rolling in the mud. They digest food all thrown together that appears to be unidentifiable. The sound they make reminds me of a male human belching. Plus, they never worry about their weight. They run around, but remain heavy.
The difference between men and pigs is simply that men know better. Pigs are animals and can get away with being slobs, but who would want to be around a man who doesn’t exemplify manners. The term slob has a few synonyms. Laziness and irresponsibility are just two, but that is entirely a different essay for a different time.
© Copyright 2007 Brains789 (brains789 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235659-Take-Your-Pick-Pigs-or-Men