*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236691-I-Walk-Thru-Grass
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Personal · #1236691
I often pondered, "Two Roads" by Robert Frost...Well I pondered, this is were I ended up.
Down the path of our lives we encounter different roads, but what may lie at the end of these roads we could never know, unless we take that particular path to see for ourselves, the outcome.  "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference."  I have often pondered these words.  But why only two roads?  Where is the sense of freedom?  The road less travelled by?  But if the road is less travelled you could get lost, as the road is less defined.  I don't mean you should take the easy way out, but clearly one path is easier to travel.  But then where is the sense of adventure?  I ask myself:  What if I step off the road, and walk through the grass?  For truth I must now go, but for what I do not know.  I walk through grass as a true explorer forges his own path.  The grass is full of obstacles: trees, rocks and things.  No one said it would be easy, but therein lies the adventure.  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took neither, and that has made all the difference.
© Copyright 2007 Riddle'Thar (riddlethar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236691-I-Walk-Thru-Grass