*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236724-Speak-Easy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Biographical · #1236724
A short piece concerning the ability to speak easier.
Have you ever walked away from a confrontation with your boss or a coworker, only to come up with ten things you wish you could of said? Or, have you been too shy to really say what you feel and mean it? I don't remember how many times in my life that has happened to me. I almost wish I kept a list of all the good comebacks or actual facts that I could of said to somebody in the heat of the moment. I have tried a long time to be that bold person I know that I am inside, and getting on the computer helps me so much. But there are still those instances in real life that I needed help with. One thing that really helped me was to practice by talking to myself in the mirror.  It may sound corny, but looking at your own body language makes it easier to see what your putting across to people.  Another thing that helped was to enlist a couple of friends as practice boards.  I would role play with them, pretending that they were that boss, coworker, or even my child's teacher, until I felt comfortable with saying what I needed to.  As they say, practice makes perfect, and getting some help along the way doesn't hurt either. There are still days I have to take a couple steps back to think about what to say, but more and more I am coming out clear with people, and getting my wants and needs across they way I need to.
© Copyright 2007 angie139 (angie139 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236724-Speak-Easy