*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236904-Goldilocks
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1236904
Godlilocks and the three bears
Goldilocks wanted to collect the mail from the mailbox. That is the only way she can step out into the world and breathe some fresh air.
‘Did you finish your Kumon?’
‘Yes Mama, I most certainly did, can I please go now ?’
‘Did you do practise your keyboards ? ‘
‘Yes Mama, I did’, she sighed, throwing her hands high up, only to rest them on her tiny waist.
‘Ok, go collect the mail and be right back and don’t drop anything on the way’

Goldilocks loved the mile long walk to the mailbox. It was her favorite activity. She would stop to see the hopping rabbits and watch them hamper closer to her and nibble the baby carrots from her hand, the beautiful butterflies skitting from flower to flower. Life was good during this walk to the mailbox.

But today she had a plan. She was to run away to the woods behind her house, just to take a peek and be back before Mama knows. She ran leaving Mama’s warnings behind and the further she ran, the farther her Mama’s words were from her.

It was nothing like Mama said. More rabbits, deers and butterflies. And oh my! a beautiful house. She walked in. She smelled the porridge in the kitchen, ate from all the three bowls, smacked her lips and wandered to the family room where she saw a fire go ‘crackle crackle crackle’. She sat on the smallest rocking chair and half way through humming ‘Rock A Bye Baby’, she had a fall. Just a leg had come apart. She stuck the leg back onto the chair and ventured into the bedroom. The smallest bed was the cutest with baby blue colored blankets and cushions. She slid under the blanket and half way through humming ‘Twinkle Twinkle’, she had fallen asleep.

Then came the bears. Then came the bears. Then came the bears to their beary place.
Baby B ran into the family room and sat on his rocking chair and as soon as he sat, it gave way and fell to the ground. He started wailing ‘my chair broke, my chair broke’ when Mama B came rushing in, swooped up her Baby B and said ‘Hush Little Darling, Don’t You Cry’ and Papa B growled ‘there you go again, breaking things'. Baby B shivered and hid under his Mama thinking ‘I really didn’t do it, this time it was not my fault.’

All the commotion had woken Goldilocks up. One peak at the three bears and all her Mama’s warnings came rushing back. She hopped out of the window and ran back to her house. Mama said ‘oh I remembered just as you walked away, there will be no mail today for it is the Presidents holiday’

Baby B really wanted to behave and not get into any mischief anymore. Papa B was at his wit’s end with him, and he did not want to ruffle anymore of his papa’s fur.

They beared into the kitchen. It was a mess. Both Mama B and Papa B swirled around to look quizzically at Baby B. Mama B peaked into her bowl, papa’s bowl and baby’s bowl and said ‘Baby, I didn’t know you were so hungry before leaving.’ Papa B was unsympathetic. He growled ‘Did you eat ‘em or trash ‘em ‘, cuz if I find that you had indeed trashed ‘em , you are going to have no food for quite a while. Do you know how many animals starve at the other end of the forest where the drought is happening. And Mama works so hard at keeping a neat kitchen. Its your turn to clean this up’
Baby B was bewildered. He had no idea of what was happening.

They headed to the bedroom. One look at the unmade bed of Baby B’s sent Papa B into a frenzy. He was already in a rage that he had come second in today’s competition where they had chosen the King Of the Jungle. He tossed Baby B out of the window and instructed Mama that he shall have no supper and has to mend the chair himself.

As for Goldilocks, she listened to her Mama ever again.


© Copyright 2007 Taarash (taarash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1236904-Goldilocks