*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239723-The-Call-of-the-Wild
by Breezy
Rated: E · Monologue · Fantasy · #1239723
Just a little insight from my native self. A longing for what you could've had.


                                        The Call of the Wild

Where would I be if certain things didn’t come to be? I can imagine.  I would be back in my home land where I can frolic in the sun, and smell the ocean. Here, I would have no fears of danger. I would be happy with having to work before I play. I will be constantly learning how to be strong and how to make my own way. Living off the land and wanting to give back. But, you see, that’s just a fantasy to me. In the place I live that kind of life can never be. So, I open my eyes and I go on with my day. But, even when I calm down and I feel peace, I can still hear the call of the wild. The sound of my mother land asking for me. Like a thousand drums beating beautifully in my heart. And I know even though I’m not there, motherland and I will never be far apart.
© Copyright 2007 Breezy (tgill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1239723-The-Call-of-the-Wild