*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240528-Vanishing-Act
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1240528
Tannen, a young magician, must make an entire army dissapear with his sleight of hand.
Vanishing Acts:
PROLOGUE-
The year is 2028. The Iraqi war of terrorism still prevails. For years military officials tried their hand at defeating the Iraqi rebels. For some strange reason, whenever the general takes his troop into a battlefield empty of the enemy's, the whole troop gets shot down,losing their lives forever. The generals survive only some of the time. And if they do make it back, they will never live the same again. They live with afright of guns and any loud noise. The only words doctors use to describe the disease is, "Vietnam Syndrome". The generals live the rest of their days strapped to a bed only to stare at a whtie-washed wal, for the rest of their lives. And all of this madness goes on because of one reason, the Iraqi's can hide better than any shape - shifting animal or plant alive. An empty, abandoned road can,in an instant, become a danger filled warzone. How do they do it? Only one person in the United states has the willpower to stand up and defeat the Iraqi's. His name is Tannen McKlintock. He is one of the most world reknown magicians. He will go to the FBI headquarters only to be flown to Iraq to complete the mission. The mission? Simple. He must make an entire army vanish in front of the Iraqi rebels. Then they will reappear BEHIND the enemy. There is only one catch to this "modern marvel",:Tannen McKlintock is 13 years old!
© Copyright 2007 thenewgonz (koko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240528-Vanishing-Act