*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242660-My-Aspirations
by Kimi
Rated: E · Sample · Inspirational · #1242660
About my aspirations and inspirations
My Aspirations
It has not been long since I perceived the presence of a gift waiting for me. ‘From who?’ I believe that still remains an enigma. In fact, the gift itself seems so mysterious that I am petrified by its presence. The present I believe is the power to dream. Too often, people take dreams for granted. However, it is the only power which enables one to do what he wants. Everyone has the power to dream; but not many have the power like I do. The power that I behold is notorious and subtly dangerous. My dreams have the unique power to become my aspirations; and the aspirations, blatantly, seem too close to be impossible.

I have heard of this quote, “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, then move to one where you can.” It is easier said than done. I find myself moving from the real to the unreal; and intriguingly I seem to enjoy that very much. However, once I have reached the unreal my creations there fail to follow me back to reality. We are shackled by the infinite rules of nature. It is absurd to speak of breaking them; but rules are meant to be broken, and these can be broken only beyond the edge of reality. However, I have loathed upon the fact that these bizarre dreams of mine cannot become reality. They, nevertheless, are my far aspirations, but even my achievable aspirations seem too absurd to become real.

I am terrified thinking about others judging me as only a dreamer. I myself often call myself that and fight very hard with my mind to try to make my aspirations real. For example, I have this absurd thought of growing into great power. I love music and want to be a renowned musician. For the love of language, I want to publish a bestseller. Loving tennis as a sport I want to grow into an international tennis sensation. Adoring nature and her creation, I want to become an awesome physicist like Rutherford. However, I am being constantly mocked by the fact that not all dreamers have become legends. Yet I want to be one among the few who have dreamt and have become a legend. Although it is infinitely impossible to achieve all of the dreams above, achieving one of them would be a reward enough.

I have tried to the full meaning of the word. Life is full of obstacle illusions and it is broken more easily verbally than physically. My aspirations demand me to be more than perfect. I have grown stupendously confused of my coruscating ideas and perceptions. I believe they will lead me nowhere unless I am focused. That itself seems to be a daunting task by itself. That was when I grew vexed with myself. Dreams of mine were too absurd to become real, but made great portraits. I began to pen down my dreams and now I have created a world of my own. JRR Tolkien has been a great inspiration for me. He has taught me that dreams can be brought to life in the form of a story. I have begun my work, but relentlessly I have been giving work for my fuel. Glimpses of genius do surprise me at times and I produce great pieces of work. Although many a times they fail to escape from my mind, I know there will be a day the spectacle will happen. I turn my face to the sun and inevitably the shadows have fallen behind.

© Copyright 2007 Kimi (arvindv8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242660-My-Aspirations