*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242766-The-Trusted
Rated: E · Fiction · Spiritual · #1242766
This is the start of a story I am writing.

This was Mikyl seventeenth assignment, seventeen in a long line of Macgregors. He knew the Father had a plan for each life. This one was different, he knew she felt him and knew his name, she had sometimes spoken silently to him in her heart: sometimes in the middle of a Church service when he was standing behind her: sometimes at night in that time between dreams and waking. Her name was Julia. It was unsettling for an experienced Guardian like himself to be known to a human. The Father had allowed her to catch a glimpse of him one night as Mikyl stood guard over her. Her life had been a mess, she had made many mistakes, but her heart was ever hopeful. She was only the second female Macgregor he had stood guard over. The last one had lived five hundred years ago and was the last of his charges with the surname Macgregor.

Sarah Macgregor had been fierce like her husband, Mikyl admired her strength. For a thousand years Mikyl had stood guard over this family now this one was the last. Another guardian had come in to guard over the family, his name was not known to them they did not sense him. Samuel would be their new guardian. The Father said it must be so when Julia had her second child a girl named Laura everything changed for Mikyl. The Father said Laura would change everything for this family. Mickyl knew that he must be right he was after all the Father. Mickyl did not understand why, Laura was so timid, how her life would change everything. Julia knew that Laura’s life would change many, when Laura was four he saw Julia kneel by her bed and pray. Micklah was the only witness to Julia turning Laura’s life over to the Father. It was that night that Mickyl first met Samuel. As Mickyl followed Julia he watched as Samuel followed Laura. This had never happened before; there had never been another guardian with Mickyl. Each time one of his Macgregor charges passed the Father left no guardian with the family until Micklah’s next charge was born. There would be many angels with the family just like every other family but not guardians.

Had he displeased the Father? He would ask over and over “oh my Lord what have I done to anger you. “ The Father would smile and say “my son all will be revealed”. Yet now Laura was eighteen and Mickyl still did not understand. Samuel said “you have been with this family for too long. Many nights Mikyl and Samuel would visit as their charges slept. Samuel was a new guardian and had not seen the things that Micklah had seen. Micklah’s last four charges had been born in America.


© Copyright 2007 C.A. Rowland (carolmouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1242766-The-Trusted