*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243675-Its-Your-World-Fix-It
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Inspirational · #1243675
A motivational piece about what our world has become and what we need to do to fix it.
                                             
                                            “It’s Your World; Fix It!”


    Death looms behind every shadow cast upon the blood-stained walls of life, the disgusting portrayals strewn across the headlines in our self-centered lives, increasingly turning into norm instead of exception.  One false move and the world around you is a faint memory cast permanently into the spirit that rises from the torn and battered flesh of the past. The smoke rises from the barrel, gun powder slowly falls to the ground as if in slow motion.  Sirens flow through the city like a babbling creek, confused and bewildered we slide past as if unnoticed. Our own personal hell developed by the supreme mastermind of them all, you. 

    The powerful motivations you possess, the sick twisted ways in which you obtain your amusement, at the expense of the little guy cowling in the corner like a child stretched across the earth from his mother. You cast your spell like rat poison, killing from the inside out.  The chance you had is faded, your purpose wilted away, if it was up to you there would be no celebration, only another day of mourning for your sins. Are we hard-wired from birth to act as a raging pack of wolves grouping up for a savage attack that claims the next innocent victim?  If only there was a way to decipher the code etched deeply inside your brain surrounded tightly by your thick cement lined skull, possibly learning the truth to why you act the way you do.  If only there was hope, another way out, to redeem the qualities expected and taught throughout your life which were supposed to be the foundation, instead of a long lost memory.

    From the first day you were walked to your bus stop, your parent nervously sending you off as if it’s the last day they will ever see you, you were taught how to conduct yourself, how to treat people how you would like to be treated.  The values that were instilled in our young lives have disappeared almost as fast as the terror and mayhem we have caused since.  It’s time you stood up, and made a difference and contributed your part to society instead of leaving it up to the next guy.  Fear has overcome us because of unexpected outcomes we predict in our head keeping us from doing more in times when more is needed. The only way out is to change your ways, give hope to someone that has lost it, and make a person smile instead of shed another tear, as this is your world and you need to make sure it’s the best it can be.
© Copyright 2007 Supermanpi (supermanpi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243675-Its-Your-World-Fix-It