*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243891-AIDA-Principle-of-Press-Advertisements
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Business · #1243891
Writing an advertisement.
The AIDA Principle of Press Advertisements

This remarkable principle is used for selling products or services through the medium of press advertisements. AIDA stands for Attention, Interest, Desire and Action. An advertisement must have these essential ingredients.

Attention: The headline of the advertisement must catch the attention of the reader.

Interest: The advertisement should arouse the interest of the reader making them want to know more. The illustration and the opening sentence should generate interest in the mind of the reader.

Desire: The readers must have a desire to obtain the product or the service. This is contained in the main body of the advertisement.

Action: The readers are asked to act on what they have read in the advertisement. In this section of the advert the readers are told as to how they can buy the product or the service.

ADVERT:
“MAGIC FRENCH WINE”

A new “ Magic French Wine” has been produced and released in London, by the Queen of Wine, June Sinclair, the wine connoisseur.

A leading newspaper will be giving out free bottles of “Magic French Wine”, to a few lucky readers who have the lucky numbers printed in their morning newspapers.

If you are not one of those lucky few to receive a complimentary bottle of “Magic French Wine”, call the “Magic French Wine Company”, at the Free phone number given below and leave your details.(0800 whatever)
© Copyright 2007 Warren Brown (warrenbrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243891-AIDA-Principle-of-Press-Advertisements