*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244099-A-Not-So-Cliche-Portrait-of-Christianity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Religious · #1244099
This is a letter that I wrote to my fellow Americans in relation to religion.
Dear my fellow Christian Americans,

God bless all of you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read something Christ-related. God knows we all suffer daily in our homes, jobs, and places that we visit. At least we know that there are others out there, suffering just like us every day. We are a living example of Christ’s sacrifice to the world. By remembering him when we go to church, during prayers, and through email, we may make some difference in the world and allow others to understand what we do: that following Christ’s teaching exactly as they tell us to is the only way to achieve a close relationship with God and eventually a seat in the kingdom of heaven.

Now to all of you who found the above paragraph a load of crap, I have a real message for you:

GOD DOES NOT LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE CHRISTIAN. He does not treat you as a superior being to Christians following other denominations, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics, or even Muslims or Atheists. I know, this probably comes across as very offensive for many of you. I make no apologies, however. I happen to believe in a God that knows that no one on Earth will ever truly understand him, and thus that none of us will ever find the perfect way to worship him. We all have different practices and different beliefs. This does not mean that any of us are right or wrong about anything and rather that we all must stay true to what we have discovered in our journey through life. Yes, I believe that Jesus came as a human representation of God. I also believe that much of the Bible cannot and should not be taken literally, evolution really did happen over billions of years, and passing on Christianized emails holds no spiritual merit. Take this as you will, but please let me take life as I will. I would rather think that God does not punish but rather replenishes, does not curse but rather gives, does not give up by throwing sinners into the fiery pits of hell, but rather loves unconditionally and will always try to build the most amazing relationship a person can know in each and every one of our lives.

Your not-so-cliché writer,
Alex Grounds

P.S.

Feedback would be very much appreciated.
© Copyright 2007 Wavemaker (mnkyman663 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244099-A-Not-So-Cliche-Portrait-of-Christianity