*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245337-Birds-Only--contest
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Contest · #1245337
Just a short piece for contest.
Contest entry for Birds only- by annalynne
Out of the choices given, I had to take the Weaver Bird for many reasons.
Being stuck at home isn't always fun. I must always make the best of it!


Weaver Bird



This was a hard choice, at times I've flown free like the eagle. Yet today I would definitely have to say more like the Weaver. Creating my home to the beauty of the eye, for beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I spend my days creating and weaving my stories of fantasy. Based on truth of life for me,yet weaving the beauty of the life I wish for all to see. My nest is a content one for the moment. I choose to empower myself with the beauty of the natural world around me.

The bird feeder hangs above the hand made creek of river rocks, the water hole filled daily for the wildlife to gather and share their lives. The garden planted and cared for . The rabbits and squirrels to enjoy, BUNNY BUFFET open 24 hours a day. The deer are welcome to join as they pass through this land.
Ms. Skunk and her brood she resides under the side porch,a sign posted,Beware!
You never know when momma will be home.
Mr. black snake a home under the back step. He keeps the mice to a minimum.
Two dove nest below my bedroom window. The occasional songs to my ears.
The hummingbird feeders filled with love and sweetness invite them one and all.
The possum they are welcome, but I wish you'd leave the trash alone!
All know they are safe here for this is where I welcome them home. I make my nest as welcoming as possible , come on in , WELCOME HOME!




© Copyright 2007 Cemetarykat says,Bring it on! (cemetarykat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245337-Birds-Only--contest