*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245810-Two-States-of-Reality
Rated: E · Fiction · Supernatural · #1245810
A piece inspired by John Gribbin's In Search of Schrodinger's Cat.
Two States of Realisation

The noise of a thousand voices erupt in the darkness, as the turmoil is set in motion, swirling forever in an eternal storm, the searing pain rushing through your mind as you fall to the rough ground, hands covering eyes.

You don't want to see anymore, but it comes again and again, wave after wave, the flashing of images blinds you.

A scream emanates from the distant snow capped mountains "What’s going on"
Before long you realise your throat is sore, it was you that created the eternal echoes, but no answer comes back

In pure frustration you scream again but no sound comes out.
Searching the landscape you spot a familiar figure crouched on the ground searching for something in the sky.

Drawing closer to this creature, you realise the horrific truth, the creature is you, but how?

You look down, a mass of sparkling lights fills the space where your body should have been, looking back to the creature, you see it collapsed in a tangled heap.

"Before something is observed it cannot decide whether it is there are not. Imagine my creature above exists in two states one of which contains the conscience, only upon observation of the two states does the realisation of where the conscience is become a reality.  Both states exist until this is realised, only when the 'truth' is observed does one state cease."

Inspired by John Gribbin's In Search of Schrodinger's Cat.
© Copyright 2007 AsclepiusJulz (asclepiusjulz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245810-Two-States-of-Reality