*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245957-Marsalis--Chapter-One--Nincadea
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1245957
Nincadea is a dark world, a place where the destinies of man and demon are intertwined.
                                            Nincadea | Chapter One
                                                      Marsalis

“Their journey into the unknown will bring sweet mysteries and dyer consequences, there are those who also seek wealth, power and enslavement, but the wolf seeks to change that” - Ancient Demonary Texts/Section: Marsalis 0021

They say Nincadea is a dark world. It’s a place with so many mysteries, a place where the destinies of man and demon are intertwined in an ancient cryptic puzzle left forgotten in the wake of our past. Our past was full of Blood Shed, & Sorrow. But one of them saw passed all this, He alone was summoned to this world for decades he fought them all and sealed them away bringing light to this world until the day he vanished. Man left the sins of the past forgotten. Just over a century later men from a different world arrived and pillaged our lands and killed the innocent for their own selfish gain. Many have struggled and failed to fight them off. They are carrying weapons of godlike destruction and with dark magic’s aiding them all hope is lost to man. Their very arrival has resurrected the very darkness we sought to forget, but just on the horizon in a world outside Nincadea a sleeper from our past has awakened…

The forest is as peaceful as ever as the two suns reflect there yellow and red fluorescently on the water droplets on the indigenous plant life in this mysterious place. There is a young man, a villager with several cuts on his face and arms. Running and dragging about through the woods being chased by mysterious masked men with weapons I have never seen before. The villager falls over a rock and lands on his backside weakened from his fall and in great pain. The strange men walk up to him and look down at him with strange black masks covering there face. The two great Suns are hidden from sight as the villager looks up at them scared and yelling in a mysterious language never heard before. One of the mysterious masked men lifts up there strange weapon and fires it, a powerful beam of light shoots out of it. All the birds in the trees flutter away as the heathen removed his mask and looked over to his disciple; “Find the rest of them; do not leave one survivor of that village” Said Oliver. The Teheran Agent blatantly responded “Yes Sir!” The Teheran agent walks away as Oliver looks down at the man he killed and just let’s loose a wicked smile and walks away as if what he did wasn’t wrong.

Across the dimensions in a world far different from the one we were just in a young man, a tall light brown skinned male, with his straightened short and wild black hair. He is dressed perfectly in his obsidian colored outfit, and also wearing fairly long obsidian colored trench coat. He is in a large white chamber full of scientists and men armed with high tech weaponry. A Small group of people seem to be surrounding an archway lit with the must beautiful of colors in the center of it. There is a blurry view on the other side of someone waiting, the person on the other side of the portal is rippling like a reflection on water. Next to the young man is a man in his late 50’s. He is dressed in some sort of formal suit. It’s lined with pins and very few stripes. He appears to be someone of great importance; the important man turns his attention to the young male standing in front of the portal. “That world you are going to will be your home away from home.” Say’s Herrington. These words didn’t seem to faze the young man. Agent Marty Starks takes a quick look at Herrington; “It is my home, I once lived there well Marsalis did.” Marty say’s this quiet assuredly. Herrington simply nods his head; “How is that half demon in you doing?” Say’s Herrington, with little concern in his voice tone. Marty turns his attention to the mysterious portal once again. “I’m fine, I believe I’m going to leave now” Marty say’s with slight agitation in his voice. Marty walks slowly towards the portal’s horizon, and some beautifully colored lights erupt from the portals surface as I walk closer they begin to surround Marty. The many colored glowing balls and sparks of energy ripple across Marty and draw him closer and closer into the portal and he step’s through to find himself on the other side in a new room in a dimly lit chamber almost like the one I was just in. This one however I a lot smaller and only has a set of stairs leading to a platform, decorated with an open door.

There is a woman that appears to be in her Mid 30’s with black curly hair, and a light tanish skin color. She is wearing a uniform similar to that of Leonard’s but it doesn’t have any pins and only one stripe. She appears to be tapping her finger on the ear piece attached to the headset she is wearing; possibly used for communication. The Women and Marty look at each other as if they recognize each other. She fiddles around with her headset and openly says “So it’s been what?” She say’s with an open smile. “Two years since I saw you last?” Marty simply looks at Chief Angelina Stern with a smile; “Just about…” He pauses for a moment. “Give or take a few months” Angelina takes off her headset “this assignment is getting the scientists stationed here really excited to get out there and check out the sights” Angelina say’s with an eccentric tone. Marty walks up to her and say’s in a very serious tone “I know a lot about this world so before you start any wild missions you should consult me first” Angelina looks at him with a very pleasant look on her face. “Yes I understand, however I am in charge here so…” She is interrupted by Marty. “Yeah I know but it has been sometime since I’ve been here so I don’t know what to expect…” he corrects himself “we don’t know” Angelina picks up a folder that’s lying on the floor next to here and hand it to Marty “You are scheduled for a mission in just over two hours to check out the following areas for our scientists, this also contains information on your partner and the core team you will be assigned too.” Marty willingly accepts the folder and opens it up briefly. “Trinity!?” Marty says with some discomfort. “She’s assigned here?” Angelina looks at down at the folder which rests in Marty hands. “Oh yes you’re ex partner Tanya Hunter’s sister; Well you two shouldn’t have trouble getting along” Angelina say’s as she turns her attention to the stairs and walks up them, Marty Follows Angelina but as he walks up the stairs he quickly glances at the portal as it dissipates, Marty then turns his attention to the lone door in this chamber as Angelina walks into another room.

Marty walks into a wooden room. A room where everything; the desks, doors, stairs, the floor, and chairs is all made of wood. Everything’s colored in a mahogany tint. The Operations Room looks almost like the reception area of a hotel. Angelina walks over to a young engineer and hands him her headset. “This isn’t working I need a working one” Angelina says softly. “Yes ma’am” he says quickly and walks off. Marty walks over to the back of the room passing a few Security Officers. He looks through a large window to see a large room, it colored just like the chamber Marty left from; but this ones very bright and full of scientists, engineers, and medical units. This room also has several tents scattered about as well as Scientists are dressed in a light blue outfit, Doctors and Nurses are dressed in a green outfit, and Engineers are dressed in a grey outfit and they appear to be in the furthermost area of the room working on weapons of hi tech design. Marty looks down at his folder and opens it and looks over trinity’s file. Agent Trinity Hunter is walking down a medium set of stairs. She has light brown hair that stretches down to her shoulder; she is wearing a white sleeveless shirt and a tight pair of dungarees, and a pair of sneakers. Trinity walks over to a water dispenser and turns her head and notices Marty staring at the folder. “Umm Marty?” Trinity says with an awkward tone. Marty quickly glances at trinity and then at the folder then looks back at trinity surprised. “Trinity… hey...”  Closes the folder he is holding open. “So it’s been awhile since the clone incident back in Ariston City?” Trinity say’s with a familiar tone. “Yeah it has been awhile… yeah” Marty say’s shyly. Trinity looks at Marty with a smile. “We have mission soon, I guess we should go meet the team and get ready” Marty blush’s a little. “Yeah let’s do that…” Trinity drinks her water quiet quickly and tosses the cup in a little garbage can on the side. Marty and Trinity both walk to a door that leads in the very large room and trinity opens it and the both walk into the Large Chamber.

Elsewhere in a far off area surrounded by a large barbed wire fence and giant building that appears to be a small sized skyscraper shrouded in a grey fog that spreads across the city. The city has dozens of incomplete skyscrapers and are bare naked with there steel beams sticking out. There is graffiti all over construction vehicles and there  homeless people living there with large metallic cans burning high with smoke spreading high into the sky. There is a small metallic sign blackened by an old fire but the words carved into it still show; “Leeverlin”. With some print slight visible but it reads; “The city of beginnings”.

Several masked men are walking down a ruined street, the cars on this street are parked and torn apart some even scorched from flame. The Five Masked men walk into an ally way guarded by several other masked men with there hi tech rifles at there side. The masked men open a rusted steal door on the ground and one by one walk down a small set of stairs. The are all walking through a damp and dank passageway lit by small lantern’s spread out side by side all the way through the passageway which leads to a fresh new white door recently installed as several paint cans are left dried and disregarded on the side of a concrete block attacked to the ground. The masked men open the door and walk patiently through it into a hall way filled with men and woman walking around with papers and coffee. This place almost looks like a business office of some kind. The Masked Men walk towards an open elevator, and walk into the elevator and the doors close right in front of them with a loud thud. After several moments of chimes from the elevator they arrive at the bottom most floor of the building, when the doors open we see two paths left and right in front of an open room. It is a large chamber with a large steel circular platform surrounding two portals similar to the ones seen in the Special Unit Base of Operations, there also three steel steps heading down into the pit area of the room where the portal reside. The Masked Men walk out the elevator and make a sharp left walk in a small circle to a door which contains a name. “Oliver Deveroe” One of the masked men opens the door and walks into the room to find Oliver at a desk and young female lying on the ground talking to herself. “Don’t mind Laura you’re mostly going to see her like that” Oliver says with a little cocky laugh. “Did you find the village?” Oliver looks at them seriously. A masked man removes his mask he appears to have a large scar across his face and he has black hair and green eyes. “Yes” it is ours for the taking, there are even many virgin women in this village. Laura gets off the ground and she appears to have long blonde hair, her pupils are very dilated and red and she’s dressed in a formal suit. “Good I want them all…” she pauses for a moment and coughs for a bit. “…I need more sacrifices you can get your action at a later time” she walks over to them staggering around she cannot walk straight and she pushes them aside and walks out the office. Oliver looks on and fixes his tie; he is also wearing a formal suit and has spiked brown hair and blue eyes. “Alright you take a dozen Agents to that village and you bring the virgins, kill the rest of them I want no witnesses” Oliver says this with an angry evil tone. The Unmasked man and the other masked men walk out the office.

Back at the SU Base of operations; Marty is sitting on a desk in a small wooden room full of weapons. Trinity is standing next to two other people. Agent Bryce Valcoen is very built has spiked blond hair, brown eyes, and one of his arms appears to be metallic and laced with a light blue see through glass like material that glows, He’s wearing a sleeveless black shirt and long black pants. Agent Catharine Liddell has short black hair with some blue highlights in the front circling around to the back of her head. She is wearing Black tight leather pants and black short sleeved shirt. Marty looks at them all and smiles “So are you ready for our first mission?” Bryce looks at Marty in a serious mood. “Naturally” Marty looks at him, and he then picks up a map off the desk and hands it to Bryce. “Valcoen and Liddell you are assigned to guard a small group of scientists and Engineers in sector 0374, the scientists are there to study some of the plant life and bring some water samples back the engineers are going to install some sensor equipment for them so they can study the animal life in sector 0363.” Bryce looks at Catharine “I miss the demon fighting days” Catharine smiles “Don’t we all?” she say’s pleasantly.

Marty looks at trinity “we are assigned to sector 0381 that area I think use to be a village I don’t know if it still is but if it is we are to avoid contact with people in this world” Trinity nods her head in agreement, “Yeah I understand” Marty slides off the desk and says in a happy tone “Let’s get going” He ends his words with a smile as everyone walks over to grab a few weapons except for Marty, He doesn’t take one.

Somewhere in the Nincadean Forest Marty and Trinity are walking through a small narrow path, a mysterious sound is being echoed around them, the sound of some sort of bird chirping. “So you have been here before?” Trinity ponders as she looks at Marty questionably. “Yeah, kind of…” He pauses and notices something on a plant; it appears to be some sort of maroon red stain. Marty touches it with his right hand, the index finger and a thick like maroon liquid covers his index finger. Marty rubs the liquid around his finger and he quickly rises with a serious look on his face. He stares at Trinity as if he is a completely different person. Trinity steps back a little, “Marty? Are you okay…?” Marty Looks around the forest; “Its blood someone was attacked here” He says coldly. Trinity walks back up to Marty and looks at the stain on his index finger. “This is human, it could’ve been a villager” Marty takes back his hand and looks down the path. “Let’s continue towards the village, something isn’t right.” Marty says coldly as he quickly paces towards a village that isn’t in sight yet. Trinity follows Marty and looks over to see a large stain of blood on a plant and makes a disgusted look on her face.

Elsewhere in the Nincadean Forest, Catharine and Bryce are walking around as several scientists are checking on plants. A Loud scream is echoed through the area and both Catharine and Bryce run over to where the scream echoed from. A Scientist runs out of a small area covered in plants that have been cut, His hands are drenched in blood. Catharine grabs the scientists who is freaked out by what he just saw, he is shaking uncontrollable. Catharine checks his hands. “This isn’t his blood” Catharine looks over to Bryce. Bryce walks over to the area where the scientist walked out of and starts clearing a lot of plants so he can get through. Bryce walks into a large open area full of blood stained bodies. The area is surrounded by large trees and Bryce immediately yells of Catharine. Catharine rushes in moments later and she looks shocked at everything she is seeing. “Trinity to Bryce come in can you read me” Trinity’s voice echoes from a radio strapped onto Bryce’s belt. Bryce slowly picks up the radio and raises it to the front of his lips and presses a button on the side. “Bryce here… we… have a problem” he says hesitantly. “Yeah so do we, Marty need you guys to get everyone back to the base and get security detail here to Sector 0381.” Trinity’s voice once again echoes of the radio. “Yeah um what about the bodies here in our sector?” He says blatantly. “What bodies?” Trinity’s voice echoes off the radio in Bryce’s hand. “We just found a large area with bodies everywhere, it looks as if all these people were murdered brutally” Catharine walks over to one of the bodies and examines his chest to notice a strange burn mark that is familiar to her. She quickly turns to Bryce. “This is a laser burn I can’t tell what kind of weapon it is” Bryce looks over to Catherine and then speaks back into the radio. “These people were killed with some sort of laser weapon” Bryce says once again blatantly. “Leave the bodies for now just head back to the base me and Marty are looking into it” Trinity’s voice echoes of the radio once more. “I understand, Bryce out” He says on the radio and puts it away. “Catharine we need to get everyone back to the base, we have to leave the bodies here there isn’t anything we can do for them” Bryce says seriously. Catherine nods in agreement and walks away from the body.

Elsewhere in the Nincadean forest rain begins to fall from the sky and the sound of thunder rips through the air, Trinity and Marty walk cautiously into a village, Screams can be heard in every direction and there’s are small fires in several areas of the village center but the rain is already taking care of the fire, This village has several wooden buildings many of the ones in the center of it has straw placed down for roofs instead of the few that just have wooden roof tops. There is Male and Female villagers scattered everywhere looking for children, scared or running to hiding places. There are dozen’s of full blacked dressed men with black masks on the face chasing people and killing them with ease. “Trinity go on to roof of the building that isn’t on fire on the right of the kart and have your weapon ready I may need your help, wait for my signal” Marty says in a serious tone. Trinity looks at Marty and takes out a Hi Tech Pistol painted in silvery steel. “What about you?” Marty walks towards the town center and he extends his right hand to his side. A Mysterious reddish light forms in his hand and starts revolving around his hand and outward and a black bladed, gold edged sword materializes and he is holding onto the blade tightly. Trinity looks on and looks at the building and runs towards it quickly passing Marty. “Okay then” Trinity says with a sigh, Trinity then kicks down a wooden door and rushes into the building. A Female villager is screaming for help as she runs towards Marty. The female villager glances at Marty until a sharp bladed knife pierces through her chest and she looks down at it and falls to the ground as she coughs up blood. Marty looks down at her and he appears to have an angry look on his face. Marty then looks over to a large masked man who is walking towards him lifting his rifle. Marty stands there not moving and stares at the Masked Man. 

The Masked Man walks steadily towards Marty and fires two shots from his rifle, he does it without flinching from the shock of firing it and the loud and bright burst of energy released from the rifle. Two powerful balls of light ripping through the air and rain water relentlessly at Marty. Marty quickly motions his sword into the air aiming the naked tip of the blade at the approaching bursts of energy. The two burst of energy strike the tip of the blade individually reflecting back towards the mysterious masked man. The energy rips through the masked man piercing his outfit and sending blood scattering behind him as he screams in agony and falls to the ground. A Splash is released of the mud soaked ground of the road. Water flies around the head of the fallen man. His blood is washed away into a primitive drain and all the people stop fleeing and look at Marty. Nine Masked Men stop there pursuit of the towns folk and turn there attention to Marty. They all begin to close in on him, five of them raise the rifles and they all surround him. Marty looks around quickly as some of his hair moves with the air in fractions of a second, Trinity stands on the roof looking down at Marty waiting for his signal. Across the muddy road a shadow of some sort pierces across it, every puddle of water shows a reflection of a shadow moving alone towards Marty. The Shadow rises out of the ground taking a 3rd Dimensional form and stands in front of Marty. Everything inside the shadow creature is darkened and reflected through his transparent form. Marty stands lowering his blade to the ground as water droplets from at the tip of his blade; little fractions of steam simmer’s off the blade as it appears to be hot. Marty looks on at them all and the tip of the blade rises off the ground. In a reflection of water a powerful bolt of lightning tears the sky and the ground shakes of thunder, and the light from the lightning consumes the puddle.

The End! (Unedited Version)
Written By: Martell F
© Copyright 2007 yourdarkbackward (darkbackward at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245957-Marsalis--Chapter-One--Nincadea