*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246734-Dear-SelfI-Miss-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Personal · #1246734
A late night prequel piece to a poem...to be read while listening to "Hallelujah"
Dear You,

A couple of things I need for you to remember: First, lose the self pity you twit; you are doing us no favors. Second, when there is something to be done, do it; stop allowing mindless activities to consume you...you are better than that. Lastly, and perhaps the most important, go to sleep; stop wasting time like it will never go out of style.

These tidbits of advice are not up for discussion. I've been taking a real good look at how you've been running things, and to say that you are handling things poorly, would be the understatement of the century!

So there it is, all out in the open now, on the front page of todays paper...your move.

-GF


Dear GF,

You win. I'm undone, torn apart...what would you have me do?

-Me


Dear You,

Look in the mirror, tell me what you see. Tell me your fate, what you're bound to be. Will you let that reflection define you or will you write your own biography?

-GF


Dear GF,

I concede...
"The Man That Is Me

© Copyright 2007 Gentle Fella (sprumama at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246734-Dear-SelfI-Miss-You