*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247510-A-Teddy-Bears-Halloween
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1247510
A short story about a Teddy Bear and Halloween.
Edward bear was bored. He was a cute brown Teddy Bear and had a little girl who loved him. He was bored staying in her room all the time. He would look out the window and wanted to sneak out to see what was outdoors. He only saw humans and a Teddy Bear would be scary if he was seen out walking around. Edward wished he could go outside just once.

It was Halloween and his human friend Mandy was dressed up to go Trick Er Treating. Now, was his big break! Mandy kissed him when she left and Edward watched her from the window. There were children dressed like vampires, pirates, Batman and he saw a human dressed like a Teddy Bear. Edward opened the window and climbed out. He landed on the grass. It felt different then carpeting but it was a nice feeling. No one had seen him. He forgot to bring a bag for candy. He looked around and saw a bag of candy on the neighbor's porch. Edward took it. He didn't know that this was stealing. He walked with other children who were dressed up. The kids called him a dwarf bear, midget, Pip Squeak, Scary Bear but Edward didn't care. He was having fun getting candy. The candy he already had was getting heavy but he was able to carry it. He took a rest and it was really dark now. The moon was full and it was scary. He hadn't seen Mandy anywhere and all the kids were going home. Edward started to cry.

"What's wrong little Teddy Bear? Are you lost? Please don't cry."

Edward saw a beautiful red headed woman with a broom stick and she was earing a purple and pink dress and a pointed black hat. She had green eyes and she looked kind.

"I am lost. I thought it would be fun to get candy and walk around outside. I am a Teddy Bear. I don't eat candy. I am lost."

"I am Tabitha, a good witch. I can help you get home. Get on my broom, little one."

Edward climbed on Tabitha's broom and they flew to his house. She stopped on the roof and Edward got off. She gave Edward a pink button and put it on him.

"The next time, you want to go somewhere just push the pink button and I will visit you. I will take you where you want to go."

"Thanks, Tabitha. You are a real friend. I will use the button if I ever want to go somewhere again. Tabitha flew off and Edward climbed back into the window. Mandy came upstairs a few minutes later.

"Hi Edward. Where did you get the button and the candy? Did you go Trick Er Treating, too?"

Mandy was puzzled. She saw Edward wink but she couldn't of. Mandy didn't tell anyone. Who would believe her?

If you see a witch flying around with a Teddy Bear, it will be Tabitha and Edward when the moon is full!

Cute animated picture of girl and teddy bears in attic.
Cute Teddy Bears on a bike.
© Copyright 2007 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247510-A-Teddy-Bears-Halloween