*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247693-Qs-First-Adventure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1247693
James Bond fanfiction based on Q. Story is still in the works.
Q was the gadget guy for MI6 (England’s Secret Service). He was sitting in his laboratory working on a camera/mic combo that would be comfortable for anyone to wear as well as undetectable and untraceable. He was thinking about making them into shades, because depending on the situation you can wear them just about anywhere. And he was quite sure that he could make the frames out of metal so that no one could see what would be inside the frames.

It took Q less than an hour to write up the blueprints. It would take a few days to find the right type of metal to make the frames out of. He sent the blueprints down to M’s office. She was happy to see the work, but was unsure why they would be needed. She called Q down to her office.

“You had some questions for me, M?” asked Q.

“Yes, why are these necessary?” asked M.

“Well, first of all our surveillance tapes of the missions are currently horrible. The audio is usually very grainy. The video is quite bumpy. I also thought that I could go over these tapes so that I could figure out what was needed on the missions. Plus you could use the videos after proper editing for training videos.” Q said carefully.

“All very good points, who were you planning to make the training videos?” asked M

“I have a technician working in my lab that has an interest in making videos. I’m sure he would love this project. I have to go threw them myself so I could tell him what we wanted, approved by you obviously?” said Q.

“Definitely make the sunglasses; it might be nice to make them into transitional lenses. You will definitely be allowed to go threw them for more ideas on what people in the field need, let me consider the training videos idea for a few days and I will get back to you.” said M.

“Thank you M, they should be done in time for the next mission.” said Q smiling.

“Then if there is nothing else your dismissed.” says M then returns to her reports on her desk.

Q heads back to the lab.

It takes Q 3 days to gather necessary supplies, (the most difficult of these is the type of medal for the frames). Q and his team work quickly to make the first pair.

James Bond swaggers into the lab. “What do you have for me today, Q?” he says.

“The new car is a Bentley, please try not to crash it the first mission out. The manual is in the glove box attempt to read it before you tryout any of the weaponry. I also have a pair of glasses for you. The lenses transition from mirror shade lenses to regular lenses. Your cover requires them, and they have full surveillance covered. Both visual and auditory are being recorded by a satellite, there is an earpiece in the frame itself so you don’t have to wear one and we will be able to see and hear everything going on around you. So I added an off switch in the nose piece for your extracurricular activities. I would also like to know how you like them, when your back and all.” says Q.

“Sounds good, Q. I should see you in a week, Tootles” says Bond.

James Bond took the first plane to Germany and headed to his internship at Deutsches Technologiefundament. He needed to find out if they had any military technology that would be dangerous to England.

“Welcome, young lad” said the older Security Guard “Anything I can help you with?”

“I am looking for the Weapons Division.” said James.

“Third Floor, take the first door to the right of the elevator.” He replies happily.

James follows the throng of people heading for the elevator. He’s the last one in so he pushes 4 buttons for the floors other people request then hits the third floor for himself. He gets out at the third floor and heads to the door the security guard told him. James opens the door to walk into see a very strange site; it looks almost exactly like Q’s lab.

“Welcome James. You have impeccable timing. I am Dr. Fenstermacher and this is my laboratory. Please feel at home, but do not touch anything without explicit permission to do so. The first week or so you will be our gofer the sooner you pick up things the more responsibilities you will gain.” says Dr. Fenstermacher

“Yes Sir.” says James, he takes out his glasses and puts them on.

                                       *                    *                    *

Back at the hotel James uses the glasses to call MI6.

“Hey can I talk to M privately please” says James.

“Good Evening, James” says M.

“Thank you for talking to me M, I know you have a very busy schedule.” says James, taking a deep breath. “There is a problem with the mission. I don’t understand barely anything that is going on in that lab. I can’t possibly comprehend if anything is dangerous to us or to England. They also won’t give me access to much cause currently I’m just a gofer and I won’t have any more responsibilities until they see that I’m capable of doing more. I need you to let Q come in here as a scientist and save my hide. He’s the only one who can help me.”

“Bond I can’t possibly do that, Q only knows how to be a scientist.” says M.

“That’s exactly what I need him to be, M.” says James.

“I will discuss it with Q, we will get back to you in about a hour.” replies M.

“Thank you, James out.” James says before taking the glasses off.

M calls Q into her office, carefully closes the door behind him after he enters.

Walking back to her desk she says “I need to discuss Bond’s mission with you.”

“What is it, does he need something?” says Q.

M sits in her chair turns it to face Q and stares him down saying, “He says he needs you.”

“Huh!?!” asks Q.

“The German technology is way over his head, and he’s not even allowed to see most of it because he’s just a gofer until he shows what he can do.” says M.

“Can’t he fake it? He’s been able to do that before.” asks Q.

“Obviously not or he would not have asked specifically for you.” says M.

“He could not possibly have asked for me, I know nothing of being a spy.” says Q.

“You don’t, but he did. We gave you a very simple cover. You are going in as a scientist. You will take your most harmless and most ingenious piece of your technology. That is basically how they run interviews. You will show them how it works and that should get you in the door. Then you will watch and listen while they show you around the lab, and all of their current projects then you will report them to me.” says M.

“I’m not so sure about this, M.” says Q.

“You will be fine James will watch out for you.” says M handing him a folder. “This is your mission folder read it over and decide what gadgets you need and what we are willing to hand over to them. Your plane leaves in less then an hour, your dismissed.”

“Before I leave is there anything James needs gadget wise, and if you don’t know may I ask him?” asks Q

“No I don’t and yes you may ask him, also please inform him that I have convinced you to come.” responds M.

“Thank you and I will.” says Q then he heads back to his lab.

Q takes a quick run through of the tapes from this mission then calls James.

“M has convinced me to come. Is there any gadgets that you will need for the rest of the mission, James?” says Q.

“I was thinking if you got passwords for the mainframe that they use we could defiantly use that copy and erase gadget for computers, the largest variety you have” says James.

“Ok. It’s called copy and erase gadget, and I can defiantly bring one large enough to copy and erase a mainframe.” says Q

“I will see you tomorrow Q, Thanks for the help. Bring anything else you deem useful.” says James.

“See you tomorrow, Goodbye, Q out.” says Q.

Q picks up another pair of the sunglasses, pops out the lenses and replaces them with his own. He grabs the copy and erase gadget. He takes the explodable briefcase. He opens it and disconnects the bomb wraps it in bubble wrap and puts the bomb back in incase James needs it. Q puts the copy and erase gadget inside the briefcase. Q grabs about 25 ultra high-tech phone bugs (for use with land lines, cell phones and internet connections). Q also packs the cell phone tracker. It’s the least destructive and damaging gadget he could find. Q closes the briefcase and sets the lock combination to his great granddaughter’s birthday. Q heads out, he runs into M with what looks like his travel bags packed.

“M? Why do you have my bags packed?” says Q.

“Because I called Anita (Q’s wife) and got your proper size went shopping for you, you need to look like a Deutsches Technologiefundament scientist; I talked to James to find out what you would need.” says M.

“Thank you M, you really didn’t need to do that” says Q.

“I was happy to help; I also need to get you on that plane. A car is waiting downstairs to take you to the airport.” says M.

“Thank you again.” says Q grabbing his bags. “I will see you in a few days.”

Q gets on the plane heading for Germany. He fortunately sleeps the whole way to Germany, minus time to eat. Q gets off the plane and sees James waiting for him by the Bentley outside.

Q smiles, “Nice to see you both in one piece.”

“Nice to see you too”, says James, “Hop in. We have a lot to cover.”

Q and James get into the Bentley. They head back to the hotel. James orders dinner from room service, considering they have a lot to cover.

“I watched them do an interview the last few days I can prepare you for what they will do and what they will ask.” says James “First they will want your resume, and they will set it aside and never speak of it, second they will want to see what you’re capable of in the lab. It will take about 5 minutes for you to show off your skills there and finally they will want to see what you brought for them. They will ask what it is, what it does and to show them how it works.”

“I think I can handle that.”  says Q, nodding his head. “I guess it’s time for me to give you basic training science style.”

They spend the next 8 hours hashing out everything Q could think of and teaching it to James as if he were a child. They both got a good night sleep and headed to Deutsches Technologiefundament.

James headed up to work hoping he could get more accomplished today. While Q headed to a corner restaurant for coffee and a review of his notes about the interview as well as a conference call to M via the glasses. By 9:45am he walked in to the Weapons Division.

“Good morning, where may I find Dr. Fenstermacher?” asks Q.

“That is I, You must be Dr. Quenton, and I like to see that you’re prompt. Come lets head back to my office to start your interview” says Dr. Fenstermacher

After they shake hands Q follows Dr. Fenstermacher back to his office.  Dr. Fenstermacher waits at the door until Q is through it and then firmly but silently closes the door. He slowly goes behind his desk and settles into his desk chair.

“Dr. Quenton you may sit or stand, which ever you are more comfortable with.” says Dr. Fenstermacher.

“Thank you” says Q, sitting.

“Do you have a resume for me?” says Dr. Fenstermacher.

“I do sir.” says Q handing over Dr. Quenton’s resume.

“Very nice” smiles Dr. Fenstermacher, placing the resume down on his desk, “Behind you is full lab station please show off your capabilities?”

Q stands and walks back to the lab station, takes a full look around at everything and comes back, “Are you sure you want me to work back there, there are at least 3 solid experiments going on at the moment and I would not want to destroy your work, not to mention one of them is near completion?”

“Excellent Dr. Quenton, a good scientist uses his observation skills above and before anything else.” says Dr. Fenstermacher, “Do you have a piece of your own handiwork to show to me?”

Q takes the box out of his pocket and puts it in Dr. Fenstermacher’s hand. “This is a very high tech cell phone tracker”

“Can you show me how it works Dr. Quenton?” says Dr. Fenstermacher.

“Do you know a cell phone number that is outside Germany?” says Q.

“I do.” Says Dr. Fenstermacher.

Q hands over the cell phone tracker and explains how to enter the information and how to hide the numbers.

Dr. Fenstermacher enters the information into the cell phone tracker and returns it to Q.

They stand side by side while Q runs through how to get to the map showing where the cell phone is located. “As you can see I can adjust the size of the map from a full world view all the way down to the block that this individual is standing in.” says Q.

“Very impressive Dr. Quenton” says Dr. Fenstermacher “Do you have a full set of instructions with you?”

“No sir, but I can have them for you first thing in the morning” says Q

“Excellent, your hired” says Dr. Fenstermacher “Can you return first thing in the morning, I will have my assistant show you around?”

“Yes sir” says Q

They shake hands. “Glad to meet you, we will see you tomorrow morning then” says Dr. Fenstermacher

Q leaves quickly and runs into James in the hallway, giving him a big smile and they pass in the hallway. Q heads back to the hotel and gets a conference call started with M. “I’m in, I’m getting the tour first thing tomorrow morning” says Q.

“Excellent, good work Q.” says M, “Keep your eyes and ears open tomorrow and hopefully you will be on your way home after your tour.”

“I need you to email James the full instructions of the cell phone tracker to James’ laptop” says Q “Dr. Fenstermacher needs them, I can take out any information that won’t be necessary for them”

“Excellent, I will send it post haste” says M.

“Thank you M, Q out” says Q.

Q spends about an hour going through the instructions for the cell phone tracker making sure it has no signs of MI6 information within it, prints it out on James’ mini printer. Q takes a nap then heads to get some lunch in the hotel restaurant.

Q spends the afternoon relaxing in the room. He brought a few good books to read with him in this case. At 5pm the hotel phone rings, Q picks it up, “Hello”.

“Hey Q its James, I got the Bentley parked in front of the hotel, thought we could go to dinner” says James

“Sounds great, be right down.” Says Q, he hangs up, grabs his jacket and heads out of the hotel room.

                                                           *          *          *
“Where should we go to eat?” asks Q

“There is a very private German diner I know of it’s a bit of a drive but worth it” says James

They chat a little while James drives ‘A little wrecklessly’ to this quaint diner.

“Thank goodness” says Q

“I’m not that bad” says James

They walk in, there is not a soul in the place, little old lady at the counter says “Please seat yourself”, they find a seat the farthest booth from the door and counter and sit down. The waitress walks over gives them the menu’s and they order. The waitress walks away to complete their order.

“Well from the smile you gave me at the office, things went well?” asks James

“Sure, I’m hired; get the lay of the land tomorrow. More importantly did anything that I shoved into you head last night help?” asks Q

“Actually I think it did, when I was actually able to tell them a few things around the office they seemed to think I was not a complete moron. They might let me see something good tomorrow” says James

“Excellent” says Q

They finished with they’re dinner James dropped Q of at the hotel. Q wanted to have a good night sleep, and be on his toes for tomorrow’s work.

                                                 (James’ Evening Activities)
James headed out to a local casino to play some Texas Hold’em.  James spent an hour or two at the casino, then followed a fascinating and beautiful girl back to her apartment building, that was all MI6 saw until about 2 in the morning and he was heading to bed back at the hotel room with Q.

                                                 (Q’s Evening Activities)

Q spent the evening going through the tape from James’ set of glasses in hopes to find some more scientific information that would be of use to James that he would be able to get farther within Deutsches Technologiefundament. When he was threw with that he took a shower in hopes that they would have more time in the morning to cram more information into James’ head. Q head to bed after that in hopes of getting some well needed rest.
*          *          *
In the morning Q and James headed over to Deutsches Technologiefundament first thing in the morning, they sat at the little restaurant that Q had the morning before. They ate a short breakfast while they decided how best to do things today. Q also used some of their time to drill James on more of the science that he had found in the tapes the night before; Q thought that it would be helpful. Unfortunately they did not have much time to cram James’ brain, so he did not get too much out of the session.

James headed up to work at the Weapons Division of Deutsches Technologiefundament at about 9 am, Q followed about 15 minutes later. “Good Morning Dr. Quenton.” said Dr. Fenstermacher, “This is my assistant, Dr. Ferdinand. He will be giving you the full tour today. Ask any questions you have to him, he knows all the projects, currently going on in this lab.”

Q says, “you asked for the instructions of the gadget that I showed you yesterday.” He passes a manilla envelope to Dr. Fenstermacher, “let me know if you have any more questions regarding it.”

“Thank you for reminding me, I will let you know” said Dr. Fenstermacher. “That also reminds me, Dr. Ferdinand please take Dr. Queston to personal to fill out the appropriate papers.

*                    *                    *

Q and Dr. Ferdinand return in about an hour, to begin their tour of the Weapons Division. Q follows Dr. Ferdinand around the lab and in the secure labs which they have three. Q notices mostly they have a lot of old technology, things that Q had developed 10 to 20 years before, nothing of harm to MI6 by any means. But in the second secure lab they are working on a delivery system for an Bacillus anthracis that they specifically developed to work to wipe out anyone who is not German. Q knows that he and James will have to get in here tonight to not only destroy the bioweapon but also the delivery system, copy and erase all the computer files  involved with this project. This is also one of those old projects, but this one could not only harm MI6 but all of England and the rest of the world.

When he finishes the tour Dr. Ferdinand sends him home for the rest of the day. Q immediately calls M and gives her a heads up about what he found out today. Q also told her that he left a bug on the phone in that secure office that he also adjusted one of his phone bugs to so that it could watch what was done on the computer in that office, he left that on the mainframe in the secure lab. “Good work, Q I can see your getting better at this.”
Says M.

Q spends the rest of his free time observing the happenings of that secure lab, nothing out of the ordinary happens before James returns. “Hey where do you want to go eat?” says James. “Same as last night, I got a lot to catch you up on and we need to not be disturbed.”

They head to the Aston Martin DB5, and luckly get to the diner before the rush. “So this is the deal James, they have a bioweapon called bacillus anthracis which they have developed to wipe out anyone who is not German. They are currently working on a delivery system for the bioweapon, as far as I can tell we need to sneek in destroy the bioweapon and the delivery system. We also need to go threw there paper files and destroy anything involved. As well as copy and erase the mainframe in that office. Most importantly without them knowing we were there and withou being found in the act.” Says Q.

James says, “Found enough to keep me busy haven’t you?”

Q says, “Yes, have you got a plan?”

“So first I happened to pocket a card from one of the security guards, so we can bypass the security check, first thing when the building opens at 7 am. I will go undercover as a security guard in order to turn off any security camera’s or alarms. I will meet you at the elevator, we go up together to the weapons division. I will work on the locks and paperwork you work on the bioweapon, delivery system and computers. We will have very little time to do this, the faster you can finish the better.” says James.

“No pressure, right?” Q says.

They head back to the hotel and get some rest, at least Q does.

*                    *                    *
6 am the next morning they meet in the lobby of the hotel for breakfast. They eat quickly thinking about what they are about to do. James is wearing a security uniform from the Deutsches Technologiefundament. Q is wearing the labcoat he received the day before, luckly it does not have his name on it yet. James drives the Aston Martin DB5 to the Deutsches Technologiefundament
© Copyright 2007 Faith Jones (cmtrocks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247693-Qs-First-Adventure