*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247990-Death-house
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1247990
Three boys goes to a real haunted house
It is a hot summer day as three boys Sam age 14, Bobby age 11 , and Thomas age 15 riding their bikes in a wheat field about mile from their town. The field stretched a mile and a half. “Hey, I will race you both to the Death House” said Thomas with a cocky look on his face as he stopped his bike. Sam and Bobby hit their brakes and stopped.

“There is a reason why you are failing Algebra…you are just plain stupid.” Said Sam as him and Bobby laughed.

“There is a reason why Sally is with me? You got no balls.” Thomas with a smirk on his face.

“You have jokes…you have jokes.” Said Sam shaking his head okay.

“That place is haunted, I ain't going anywhere.” Said Bobby with terror in his voice. “Besides, it is too hot to be doing that.”

Thomas gets off the bike, walks over to Bobby, scratches head, and says “Bobby Bobby Bobby, the wind cooled down the temperature and you should come to the Death House if you want to become a man like me.” With reinsurances in his voice.

“But a little boy killed his parents and killed himself by stabbing himself in the eye. That really does not sound cool at all.” Bobby pushed Thomas’s hand away.

“You actually believe that? That story is as old as dirt.” Sam laughed. The wind began to blow harder as the boys talked. Thomas pulled out a bag of skittles from his pocket, opened them, and popped a few in his mouth, toss the skittles in the air and the wind blow them away.

Bobby gave Thomas a stupid face and said “You know what? You are stupid and you didn’t even offer us any.”

“I don’t give anything away and are ya both coming or not?” Asked Thomas.

Sam and Bobby sat for a second, and then they answered “Sure.”

Thomas got on his bike, smiled, and said “Cool, now who ever make it to the house first gets first player on the game when we get back.” Everyone got into positions and they all counted “Three…two…one…go!” They all shot off like cannons. They raced up the steep wooden hill that was close to the field. The trail to the house was rough, muddy, and a little rocky. A couple of times they fell in the mud and tripped over rocks. When they cleared the woods, the sun was on the other side of the sky and daylight was fading. The house was on a very grassy hill and no trees around it. When they got to the house, they fell to the ground in exhualted.The boys were beaten up by the rocks that they landed on and bled a little.

Sam was out of breath and said “Let’s make this a draw.” Thomas and Bobby looked at Sam and shook their heads yes, and then they all got up. The house was two stories and was barely hanging on. Some parts of the house from the outside had many paint colors like white, red, and blue chipped over the years. All the top windows were broken and the wooden rails of the front step were half broken off.

“Okay, you know the drill…Rock, Paper, and Scissors.”Said Thomas as they all put their hands out. After they were done, Bobby had rock, Sam had rock, and Thomas had scissors.

“It is a great day to be me right now.” Bobby with his arms folded trying to act all cool.

Thomas then punched Bobby in the shoulder and said “Whatever.”

Sam and Bobby waited at the foot of the steps as Thomas goes up the steps and walked to the door. On the outside of Thomas, he looks cool and calm, but on the inside he feels scared. He noticed at the door there were deep scratches on it.

“Open the door!” Yelled Sam.

“Shut up!” Yelled Thomas back in frustration. Thomas took a deep breath, slowly grabbed the door knob, and opened the door. He put his head inside, but not any other parts went inside. There was a 12 step staircase in front of the front door leading upstairs. Some of the steps were missing and if you took a step on it, you fall in. Inside the house was very dirty and dusty. From where he could she, he could see the living room and dinning room. Both rooms had 50’s styled furniture that was broken into bits and pieces.

“How does it look in there?” Asked Bobby.

“The place look like a train hit it. Most of the stuff in here is broken.” Answered Thomas.

As Thomas wasn’t paying any attention to Sam and Bobby, Sam picked up a rock and threw it at Thomas and hitting him in the back. Thomas then got mad, picked up the rock, turned around, and threw it back at Sam. “You’re going to die when we get home.” Said Thomas as he turned back around. When he did, he saw a little boy on the top step. Thomas had his mouth open in shock. The little boy looked like he was eight years old and pale white. He had short brown hair, his left eye missing and he was a little transparent. The little boy put is hand out if he was summing something and showed an evil look on his face. Thomas began to feel something like a force pulling him in the house. The force got stronger and it flew Thomas into the house and holding the door for dear life. Sam and Bobby saw and ran up the front door steps, grabbed Thomas, and began to try pulling him away from the door. As Bobby helped, he looked at the little boy, and was in terror Sam didn’t even try to look at the boy.

“Do something! Do something!” Yelled Thomas with all his might. They battle the force for ten minutes straight trying to get Thomas. Then Thomas just completely stopped yelling. Sam and Bobby looked dumbfounded when they saw. Thomas facial expression look like he got shot in the head with his eyes and mouth wide open. They all stayed like that for a second, then Thomas looked at Sam and Bobby like someone was controlling his mind and said to them in a demonic form of voice “Go away! Don’t you dare come back!” Thomas let go, and the door slammed closed. They stood there in total shock.

Bobby coving over his mouth in panic“Oh my god man, what were going to do!” Saying it over and over again. Sam could not say one word. For a movement they started thinking what to do next, then the door flew open and the little boy was there. They both high tailed it out of there, ran home leaving their bikes, and never cane back.
© Copyright 2007 afro_blkguy (afro_blkguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247990-Death-house