*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248033-Stereotypes
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1248033
Essay on Stereotyping
As a person of a somewhat seemingly rebellious attitude, I would like to take the time to wonder aimlessly on a few select things, first off Why? Why the sterotypical judgements people? What is the definition of normal to you? If we were all normal, then we would all be the same. But are we? As I begin to ponder these things, I finally realize how arrogant some people can be. I don't appreciate when one calls somebody a name all because of their differences. All this is is a trigger of the mind. You think that if this person isn't like you, then they are automatically lower. This is not the case, due to many different upbringings in a household and the like. Many people appreciate different things. People listen to different styles of music, dress differently, and act differently. This is all because of your self-expression. We are all self-expressing our ideas and morals. Just because someone isn't as "cool" as you are or have as many friends as you do dosen't mean they are lower. I don't want to see naysayers preaching their thoughts about how amazing and popualr they are. Personally and as a human of intellect, I think that all of us can get along if we just put aside all this negativity. As I may sound like a sort of hippy, this statement is true. Why would you judge someone based purely on looks alone?

Listen to me, if you are reading this, especially if you yourself do these things: Does it make you feel better that you are making fun of people? If it does, then you have some problems that need to be worked out. If you're under 18 and smoke, how does that make you feel? Why do you do it? Because everyone else is doing it? Think back to what I stated before: "If we were all normal, then all of us would be the same." Tell me, what is your definition of cool? What they potray in the media?

I am very active in these kinds of things, and I am sick of seeing this happen. I'm a very open-minded person, I talk to many shapes and sizes of people, and never judge based on looks alone. You may read this and think "Wow what a (insert word used primarily today to enforce negativity)". Honestly, I don't care. Take your arrogant remarks and tell it to your friends. Well, how can they be friends if you're just judging on looks? They might be complete morons on the inside.

In conclusion, I find naysayers a disrespectful group of people. I have no need to express active hate and utter discrimination.

© Copyright 2007 legiontory (legiontory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248033-Stereotypes