*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248349-Kissed-by-Insanity
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1248349
Emily doesn't believe in the supernatural, maybe it's about time she does...
"How can you be like this? So, blind to what seems to be such a amazing piece of work?" Mark never seemed to understand, I merely tucked my nose further into my book, pretending like I hadn't heard him, just like most of the day. He sighed, steering the car as we turned to go over a stone bridge, leading us to a pub we would inhabit in this visit to Ireland. " you know as well as I do that that mill was out of the ordinary."

         I sighed, looking up from the book I had been leafing through most of the day. But the truth was, I didn't really like it. Mysteries where never really my thing, I was more of a action person. " Sweetheart, the only think out of the ordinary in that place was the top of the line air conditioner I found." I said, watching as the village rolled passed me, carrying on with their daily lives. I merely heard a scowl to my left.

         "Emily, you simply need more faith. There are things out there that can't be explained by the logics. The supernatural exist and you know it." The rest of the lecture was quickly drained from my head, as I had heard it so many times. So, I didn't believe. It wasn't a big deal, but Mark just made it seem that way.

         With my luggage in tow, I made my way toward the pub, Mark at my heels." Why do I bother to bring you to these things anymore Em, you only deny the facts." He said, folding his arms as he came up next to me. The pout on his face was of mere disappointment, as I know from experience.

         " Deny? I must say you are quite wrong my dear friend, as I am the one who proves the facts. The facts of logic that explain ever supernatural event that you have brought upon me. I deny no facts, as the facts are the evidence." I said, smiling as I patted his cheek lightly and made my way into the pub.

         Sure, Mark was my good friend, that was true and my longest lasting one too, but when it came down to the supernatural there wasn't much hope for agreement. I was a woman of power. The power of science, logics, and my mind was carved of stone. Nothing couldn't be explained and that was just the way I liked it.

         It wasn't long before my slight temper cooled and I had my things unpacked when Mark burst through the door. I nearly shrieked in alarm as I grabbed the nearest object, a paperback novel or Nora Roberts, and whirled around, chucking the book. I hadn't realized who it was till the book made firm contact with his face.
-
         " Damn woman! Don't you ever relax?" He growled, one hand firmly over his nose, the other holding the book he'd caught before it fell. Tossing it aside, he let his hand fall from the redened face, to the door where it was pushed closed.

         " I would if I didn't have to worry about you bursting into my room." I growled back at him, my heart thumping. " I thought someone was trying to mug me dammit!"I caught the book as it was lightly tossed back to me and passed it on the table. "Just be thankful it wasn't the lamp." I eyed the lamp wihch had been right out of my reach in my search of a weapon.

         "Okay, okay." He said, sighing once again as he rubbed his nose one last time. I felt gulilty, throwing the book at him, even if it was his own fault. " Listen, I was going to come in and ask you if you wanted to go out and  see some of the land around here, I know you havn't been to Ireland before."

         " Ah, so know my friend has gone from a intruder to a tour guide." I said, a smile creeping to my lips as he held a hand out to me to help me up. I took it gratefully, pausing a molment as I felt a jolt go up my arm. <i>Just the static</i>. I told myself, getting up. I watch as he mearly rolled his eyes at me, leading me out the door of the room.
© Copyright 2007 mimie« here I be (mimie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248349-Kissed-by-Insanity