*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248497-Sundays
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Cultural · #1248497
My thoughts about the perfect sunday
I used to work nights midweek, so my weekend would start on Sundays, or Mondays if I was unlucky. I used to go to this cracking bar on Hardman street in Liverpool, where they had cheap as fuck beer, decent food and one of the best ( and funniest) open mic nights going. In another bar job, a few years earlier, Sundays were all about the staff meetings (nights out), and you could go out in your respective packs, and see other bars doing exactly the same...playing havoc, getting wasted and seeking revenge for missing the weekends.

I used to love that...waking up when it was getting dark, and coming home in the dawn. I saw more sunrises in the last 3 years than I had hot dinners...not an exaggeration, as I could barely afford to feed myself by the end of it! :) I'm in a " proper" 9-5 job now, and although the money is better, and its a lot less hassle, I would still rather have my Sundays back, and work a 15 hour shift to party at the end of it.

If I could have a perfect Sunday, it would go like this...wake up after a cracking 2 day binge/house party with all my mates, get the papers in, and get out in the garden ( of course it would be hot as hell and sunny all day). I'd get a BBQ started, and maybe phone a couple of friends who live too far away to come, to catch up. During the afternoon, everyone would turn up, with beers and food, and we'd play 4 kings and hay barn until the food was ready/on fire. When it got too cold, we'd get duvets and blankets out, light a load of candles and sit and chill and talk and listen to really good tunes, then go inside and watch dvds till everyone started pairing off/falling asleep. Just read that back, and can't believe how simple it would be to do ( if I had my own place and no work on Monday.) Isn't it amazing how the simplest things can mean the most to you?
© Copyright 2007 LilyChantelle (joannafaye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248497-Sundays