*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248528-Mr-Rabbit-and-Mr-Wolf
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1248528
An introduction to two characters as they meet for the first time.
MR RABBIT AND MR WOLF


Once upon a time Mr Wolf went outside to his front garden. When the neighbours saw him they went inside because they did not like him. He yelled at them and was always angry.

Mr Rabbit came walking past as he was looking for a house to live in. Seeing Mr Wolf he said politely, ‘ Good morning to you.’

Mr Wolf glared at him and said ‘ I DO NOT HAVE THE FLU.’

Mr Rabbit looked surprised and said ‘ I said nothing about the flu.’

Looking down at his feet Mr Wolf said ‘ WHICH SHOE? ‘

Realising that Mr Wolf was not hearing him properly Mr Rabbit started to shout too. ‘ I ONLY SAID GOOD DAY.’

Mr Wolf was angry now and shouted back ‘ LOST YOUR WAY? SERVE YOU RIGHT.’

Mr Rabbit saw that he was getting nowhere and said calmly ‘ Go and see a doctor. Get your ears checked.’

‘ YOU’RE THE ONE WHO’LL GET WHACKED,’ yelled Mr Wolf.

Mr Rabbit shook his head and walked off.

That afternoon as he was coming back Mr Rabbit saw Mr Wolf outside throwing peanuts in the air and catching them with his mouth. He was not very good at this and missed most of them. As they landed on his head he would shake them off, but this gave Mr Rabbit an idea.

He wrote down something on a piece of paper and gave it to Mr Wolf. Mr Wolf read it, grinned and rushed into his house.

A few minutes later he came out and shaking Mr Rabbit’s paw he said ‘ Thank you very much. I can hear properly now and I don’t have to yell so loud to hear myself. There were peanuts in my ears and they must have blocked my hearing!’

Mr Wolf and Mr Rabbit became good friends and soon afterwards neighbours when Mr Rabbit moved in to live next door.

More adventures with Mr Rabbit and Mr Wolf to follow.
© Copyright 2007 C.A. Miller i (aikinforme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248528-Mr-Rabbit-and-Mr-Wolf