*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248875-How-Much-Space-Is-There
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1248875
Written during a transitional time.
I was star gazing with a friend of mine this past week, and we were laying there and pondering our futures and what we wanted to accomplish with our lives, etc.
I just started talking about all of the things I wanted to do with this one life that the gods have granted me. I get one shot to make a difference in this world, or to say "to hell with it all, some one else will get it!" that may be a narrow way of looking at it but the most wonderful aspect of that whole scenario, is that I have the right to choose!! It really is an amazing concept once you wrap your mind around it.
So we are just sitting there and I am staring at two stars in the sky, I see how close they are to one another from my perspective, but then I think about how far apart they really are. I think that is the perfect metaphor for what is going on in the world today. One person looks at everything and obtains their perspectives opinion of it. A Different person looks at the same situation, different perspective, and different opinion. Both people are looking at the exact same thing and yet the are seeing two completely different things.
I would have to say that most people I know, well maybe no most, but some never want to have the other person explain what their perspective is. All they know is that what they see is the way it is and there can't be another explanation for it. It just is. No one wants to know how different another perspective is, or how similar the perspective is to their own. In an open-minded way, people are so goddamn close-minded.
I have had some people say to me that this is the way things are. Black and white, lines and spaces. Then different people see something else, something they consider the open minded way to see things. But all they see is a slightly altered, distorted precept of what someone else sees.
Then one says to oneself, well wouldn't be easier if everyone saw everything the same way? YES IT WOULD!!!! Life would be incredibly easy, no war, poverty, strife, depression. It would idealistically be a perfect world. And yet it wouldn't be. If everyone saw the world the same, you would lose the very soul of this world. ART AND MUSIC. For there would be no artists to paint the varying degrees of sanity, no musicians to sing about the hopeless fall of one leaf, only to bring life to others. NONE OF THAT WOULD EXIST!!!
So the next time someone is uncompromising with what they see around them, simply smile, nod, even hug them, then look up at the stars and say aloud, “How Much Space Is There?”

© Copyright 2007 BonTico (chachi2049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248875-How-Much-Space-Is-There