*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249797-Twisted-Fate
by LauraK
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Entertainment · #1249797
Karma...What you give is what you get returned, and then some...

CHAPTER ONE...PICK OF THE LITTER


The group of friends are kneeling on the cold, wet concrete floor. Their hands are bound behind their backs and their mouths are gagged with bandanas. Each individual faces total darkness for their heads have been covered with some kind of dark hood.
Standing before them is the group of assailants, four of them to be exact. Each face is covered by a black hood and mask. The rest of their attire is black, even the shoes on their feet. If the kneeling prey hadn't been blinded by their own hoods, they would have noticed how the masks resembled an evil, twisted version of Mr. Punch, the comical jester seen with Judy in children's puppet shows.
The only thing that these kneeling persons know for sure is that the voices are distorted so as not to give away their captors. The sound is robotic and has a way of leaving scars on their inner thoughts.
The assailants move closer to the victims to be and begin removing the black hoods one by one, tossing each to the floor as they do so. Brandon and Missy, two of the captives, sit close together. They try and touch fingertips but with no success. Tears of fear are streaming down Missy's soft face. Brandon turns his head to look at her but is soon forced by a strong hand to face forward again.

"Naughty, naughty. Keep your eyes forward, if you want to keep them at all." The owner of the strong hand declares. Brandon does as he is told.

All four of the captors back away and turn their backs to the seven kneeling individuals. Conversation amongst themselves soon began. Brandon's friends Jason and Aaron slowly and quietly glance around the room. There appears to be only one door, and they notice that there are no windows. It's like a giant tomb. The only sounds are the dripping of water and the assailants' faintly audible whispers.
It takes them roughly fifteen minutes of discussion before they turn around again. The shorter of the four slowly approaches the kneeling seven. Brandon, Missy, and all of their friends grow very anxious now. What was to become of them?

"Look at all of you! Just like puppies in a pet shop. Now which one should I choose first?"

The captor stands before them all and appears to be deep in thought. He/she removes a knife from somewhere in their dark cloak. Pointing the long blade at Jason first, the countdown begins.

"Eenie, meenie, minie mo," Moving down the line now. "Catch a puppy by his toe."
Now the knife is nearing Missy and Brandon. "If he hollers, cut his throat."

The assailant holds the knife against Aaron's throat and makes an imaginary slit before moving on. Missy is now to the point of hysterics. Her body is shaking uncontrolably from the fear. The three at the end of the line being Brandon, Missy, and another friend, John, are now the focus of the last bit of rhyme. The knife bounces between the three friends.

"Eenie," Stopping on John. Now Missy. "Meenie," Over to Brandon, who is almost certain Missy will be skipped because she's in the middle and the assailant will have to land on John again. Or will he?

"Minie...Mo." The knife made a quick switch back to Missy instead of John. That seems to have been the plan all along. It didn't matter who the rhyme began with; it was always going to end with her.

Missy began screaming through her gag and tries to break away. The other three assailants move in and catch her by the arms. She is dragged away, kicking and screaming. Brandon fights to break free but has no success. He watches as his new wife is taken before his very eyes.

This is it, He thinks to himself. We're all dead.

The smaller assailant with the knife makes an announcement to the rest of the gang.

"As for the rest of you, sit tight. It'll be your turn in time." And with that said, he/she left the cold room and shut off all lights, leaving them in complete darkness with only their worst thoughts and fears to keep them company.

TO BE CONTINUED.....
© Copyright 2007 LauraK (laurak13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249797-Twisted-Fate