*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251964-My-Sunshine
by remard
Rated: E · Article · Family · #1251964
When life gets "too busy", just remember to look at the "sunshine"...
I can't even begin to describe to you how much my little daughter blesses me! YES! She blesses me! She is a constant reminder to me, of the good things in life, the precious things. I sing a little song to her called " you are my sunshine", and she really is!

Last week I was cooking dinner, busily grating vegetables, and mixing and measuring, when I heard the "clap! Clap! clap!" sound of Abbys hands hitting the tile floor in the kitchen. I glanced down..."MAMA!".....She found me! She had noticed I wasn't in the living room with she and Andrew and she came looking for me. She wanted to be with me! It thrilled me to see her looking up at me, almost in admiration, wanting to be a part of what I was doing. I scooped her up and kissed her and tickled and cuddled her for several minutes until the sound of a sizzling frying pan brought my attention back to dinner.
I brought Abbys playpen to the edge of the kitchen and set her down in it, and gave her a few plastic measuring scoops and bowls to play " cooking" with. I Put the bowls that I was mixing in, down to her level so she could see what I was mixing. She was so interested in everything and I think she really believed she was helping me out...When the food came out of the oven, I cheered and clapped my hands over the hot dish, and Abby let out a happy shriek, clapped her hands and bounced up and down in the playpen, joyfully sharing in my excitement. I smiled so big it almost hurt my face! I couldn't help but imagine what it might be like in a few years when she can measure and stir with me, just like I did with my mom. I hope that she can learn from me, the joy that comes from preparing big healthy meals and spending time, not only playing together, but also working together. After all, work goes so much faster, when you have a friend by your side.

Never could I have imagined, such a little friend, to be such a good friend!


Ec 4:9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
© Copyright 2007 remard (remard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251964-My-Sunshine