*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253199-Painter-Kendall-Fridley
Rated: E · Bulletin · Community · #1253199
Press Release announcing new WV artist exhibit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 27, 2007


MountainMade is proud to debut up and coming artist Kendall Fridley


For additional information call:

   
THOMAS, WVa.-----  Parsons, West Virginia native, Kendall Fridley, is a recent WVU graduate with a Bachelors of Fine Art and Art Education with an emphasis in painting.  She is also one of the newest artists to join MountainMade and we are proud to feature her work in her first professional art show.

Kendall found her love for art at a very young age.  Over the years, her approach to landscape paintings has changed from the more tangent scenes of mountains, grass and trees to the more abstract colors, shapes and reflections of nature.  Kendall gets her inspiration from family history and her own experiences in the mountains which has inspired “a deep connection with the landscape and people of rural Appalachia.”  Although her subject matter is very personal, she believes that it is also very easy for others to connect to it. 

In addition to her creative process of seeing and incorporating the world around her, Kendall is inspired by the “art making process” itself.  She finds the challenge of composing a visual image - combining, arranging, and rearranging all of the principles of art to reach a formally sound painting - very satisfying.  Working primarily in acrylic pant, Kendall prefers to create larger pieces (about 4’ x 6’) on duct canvas stretched on handmade wooden frames.  Her “juicy” technique of layering acrylics to create rich texture reflects some of her favorite historical styles including early American, landscapes, abstract expressionism, and impressionism.

Kendall’s work can be viewed at the MountainMade Gallery in Thomas, WV throughout the month of May.  The gallery is open to the public without charge Monday-Sunday 10 am to 5 pm. 



© Copyright 2007 smphillips (smphillips at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253199-Painter-Kendall-Fridley