*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253843-Mr-Rabbit-and-Mr-Wolf---The-Picnic
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1253843
Our two friends go on an adventurous picnic
MR RABBIT AND MR WOLF - THE PICNIC





Once upon a time Mr Rabbit woke up and looking out of his window saw that it was a beautiful day. He went next door to talk to Mr Wolf. ‘ It is such a wonderful day that I am going on a picnic. Do you want to come along? ‘

‘ What a splendid idea. Of course I will come. I will make some sandwiches for us to eat.’

‘And I will bake one of my famous carrot cakes to take with us,’ Mr Rabbit said excitedly.

He ran back to his house and quickly made a scrumptious looking carrot cake. He was a very good cook and his carrot cake was the best.

Mr Wolf cut the bread for the sandwiches and than he made a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and a few secret ingredients only wolves know about. For a little extra taste he sprinkled some salt and pepper on top.

When they were ready Mr Rabbit and Mr Wolf started to walk and headed up to the hills. After a very long walk in the hot sun they decided to stop under a big oak tree and have their picnic there.

They ate the salad sandwiches Mr Wolf had made but they were a bit hot as Mr Wolf had put too much pepper in them. Then they had the cake Mr Rabbit had baked and it went down very well indeed.

When Mr Rabbit went to look for a drink he found none. ‘Did you bring anything to drink with you?’ he asked Mr Wolf.

Mr Wolf looked surprised and said ‘ I never thought of that. Did you bring any?’

Mr Rabbit shook his head and looking at each other they burst out laughing.

‘We are silly aren’t we?’ chuckled Mr Rabbit. ‘What do we do now?’

They were thirsty, very thirsty. After the long walk in the hot sun and Mr Wolf’s hot sandwiches they had to have a drink. How could they have forgotten the drinks?

Feeling very silly they packed up their things and started to walk back home. The sun went out and dark clouds came and suddenly, with a big clap of thunder, the heavens opened and rain poured down so hard that they were soaked to the skin straight away.

‘ There is your drink Mr Wolf,’ said Mr Rabbit with a laugh. He opened his mouth and drank the rainwater as it came down.

Mr Wolf laughed too and did the same. What a day it had been! They were very wet when they arrived home and they had more than enough to drink. It was a day they would not easily forget.

Try to mention the word picnic to Mr Rabbit and Mr Wolf and watch their faces. You will be surprised.
© Copyright 2007 C.A. Miller i (aikinforme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253843-Mr-Rabbit-and-Mr-Wolf---The-Picnic