*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253978-The-Great-Escape
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Other · Fantasy · #1253978
Gordon, Jacques, and Fred want to get out, and there's no one to stop them...
The Great Escape?

“Jacques, is she gone?”

“I think so. Fred, did you see her go in?”

“Yep, she’s gone. Are you two ready, or what? Come on, Gordon!”

“Just a minute! Just a minute! You can’t rush greatness.”

“Greatness? Hah! You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Hee, hee, hee.”

“Ok, on the count of three, we’re all going to do it. One, two…”

“What if it doesn’t work?”

“That would be sad.”

“It’ll work.”

“How do you know?”

“Go on, go on, go on!”

"We’ll try this again. One, two, thr…”

“But it didn’t work last time. Why do you think it will now?”

"Shh, Jacques, Gordon's getting mad..."

“Because, this time I’ve got the stuff. Are you guys gonna let me get on with this, or what?”

“Stuff? What stuff, Gordon? You never said anything about stuff.”

“Huh, what stuff? Gordon? Jacques?”

“Look. I wasn’t gonna tell you about the stuff. ‘Cause I knew if I did you’d both do something dumb to jinx it.”

“No, we wouldn’t. Would we?”

“Of course not. Uh, what wouldn’t we do?”

“Ok. Here’s the deal. I met a fairy last night in the garden and she...”

“Oooh, was she one of those twinkly ones?”

“They’re pretty.”

“Will you two please let me tell you so we can get out on with this? Please?”

“Sorry. You’re right. Go on.”

“Twinkly.”

“AS I WAS SAYING… The fairy had some magic dust, and she said if I count to three, toss the dust, and wish really hard while thinking of us all getting out, it would work, and we’d be free until the sun came up.”

“Ah, sounds pretty good in theory.”

“Neat.”

“OK, One more try. One, two, three.”

“Can you move? Gordon? Fred?”

“Wow!”

“Hey, it worked. It really worked. I can move!”

“Me too! Uh-oh.”

“Noo-oo.”

“What?! The sun is up? Are you kidding me? You mean we wasted everything? No, no, no!”

“I’m stuck again.”

“I was so looking forward to being free.”

“You idiots! You wasted the entire night yapping when we could have been free to do whatever we wanted. All you two did was run your traps and be distracting. You are a stain on my greatness. Don’t talk to me anymore.”

“Greatness? Hah! You’re just a silly yard gnome.”

“Besides, Gordon, who else is there to talk to?”

“Nobody asked you, either, Pinky.”

“Well, I think we should try it again. I heard they have some lovely new fountain mermaids at the garden store.”

“Mermaids? Blah! How ‘bout flamingoes? Flamingoes are where it’s at!”

Sigh!“Why on earth did I ever become friends with a dimwitted lawn jockey and a stupid plastic flamingo?”

“Cause there’s no one else, right Fred?”

“And deep down, you really like us. Heh, heh.”

“I hate it when you two are right, even as rarely as it happens. Maybe the fairy will come back tonight. Oops. The door is opening. Day, guys.”

“Day.”

"Good Day."


Word count: 490
© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1253978-The-Great-Escape