*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254878-To-My-10-Year-Old-Self
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1254878
A letter to myself as a child
To Me When I was 10 Years Old,

I was thinking of you the other day and thought I'd write you a letter. It's been a long time since i've seen you and I hope you are okay. I know things were hard when we last met. But I hope things have picked up for you.

Whenever you feel sad I want you to remember that day when we went out for dinner and you were told you could eat anything you wanted. Remember how many bowls of ice cream you had? Remember that day when your sitting hungry in your room and you go to bed early to avoid the pangs in your tummy.

Have you found your tooth fairy doll yet? I'm sure she's just hidden it again. Try not to make a fuss though. It will only make her angry at you. Don't worry too much. The tooth fairy know's your plight and will comfort you with a silver coin under your pillow even if you can't find it.

Remember, her birthday is coming up. DON'T FORGET to get her something nice. Even try to give her a smile, and try not to think about the time that she made you wet yourself because you wouldn't tell her you loved her more than your real mum.

And don't worry, that scar she gave you on your arm will fade with time. After awhile you won't have to avoid those questions from well meaning people as to what that mark on your arm is. Not all scars fade but that one will.

Are you still dreaming of running away? I can't say I blame you but I hope you will sit tight. Sit it out just a few more years. I know you've already spent too many years crying into your pillow but hold on just a little bit longer. Soon she will need you and then you can get your own back. Soon she won't be able to hurt you anymore.

Just remember, there are people who love you. She will not get the best of you. You are better than her. Don't let her pull you down. Just sit tight. One day, your life will be yours. One day, you will be happy.

Til then,

I will always remember you my 10 year old self

Sincerely Yours,

Elizabeth
© Copyright 2007 Elizabeth Mooney (stephmarch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254878-To-My-10-Year-Old-Self