*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254987-Her
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Personal · #1254987
Short piece about a dream.
A kiss, just a light brush of the lips, as her hands clasped mine. The moment passed much too quickly and when I had opened my eyes she had disappeared, vanished into thin air, and I sat there alone in a room surrounded by her friends who talked as if I were the one no longer there. They looked through me like I was transparent as a ghost, while the lights dimmed slowly in it.

I looked around as the world I had been in evaporated before my very eyes. Tightly I closed them, clenching my fists and trying to remember what was slipping away from the rest of my senses. Her eyes, the way they looked so honest but trusting and innocent. The way her clothes rested so sensually against the pale cream of her skin. The way her mouth curled as she bit her lip in anxiousness.

And how her hair laid on her shoulders so softly, a deceiving brown that flashed a sparkle of red when the light hit it just right. How her hands would graze my shoulder so lightly making my arms tense under the touch. And how her voice was so delicate yet so piercing. But yet even now she was slipping, her eyes growing faint in my memory, the pale cream of her skin now an ashen gray as she seemed to disappear into thin air.

I opened my eyes but darkness surrounded me, and for a moment my mind raced through events that never fit together, the girl, her friends, darkness, her eyes, darkness, her friends, a kiss, and back into darkness. My eyes began to feel a pressure press against their lids, and a voice cut through the darkness. I felt myself shift, my body uncomfortable in the way it now laid.

How did I get here? Wasn’t there a girl? Her name failed me but I knew she existed. I remembered the outline of a body and I knew it had to be her. Or was it? I called out to it, yelling for her to tell me her name so I could find her again. She began to speak, and my eyes opened again, light flooding my pupils and the sound of hushed voices in the other room fighting. I raised my hand to my eyes and rubbed them, as the room came into focus. My room.

It was a dream, she had never existed, or had she? I wanted to find her again because she was unlike anybody I had ever met, or thought I had met, and I needed that feeling of being complete for just one more moment. If only she hadn’t vanished I might have her name. If only the dream had been a few moments longer I might know the name of my love.

It was gone, she would never return, no matter how much I desired her. My love was simply in a dream, yet sadly it was the one thing I craved more than any other. I craved her, because she had made me what I had never been. Complete.
© Copyright 2007 unknowndreamer (crisrome17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254987-Her