*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255620-Stories
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1255620
What happens to your knowledge when you die? How many stories disappeared that way?..
    The greatest stories are the ones that weren't told. The ones where people attempted heroic - cruel - feats in the name of passion. The ones that might not have left anybody to tell the tale. The ones that, for some reason, disappeared into the abyss of time.
    Scientists say that there have been about 72 billion people that lived and died on this planet of ours. Aside from the ones who died in infancy, most of those people probably had their own stories. The stories about love, adventures, burning of Rome, hunting the mammoths, war, disasters of unimaginable scale, etc. Some of them have never been told and died with their owners. Others disappeared in the river of time as their listeners, too, succumbed to old age. So very few of them were immortalized, written down, passed from one generation to another, that it makes one wonder, "How much were we not told?"
    Movies and books are but bleak imitations of our lives. Try as they may, writers can rarely come up with a story so elaborate and well developed that it would make our own experiences seem bleak by comparison.
    As of now, there are some 6.5 billion people in the world. Each of them has a story. What's yours?..
© Copyright 2007 Night Runner (wanderer348 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255620-Stories