*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255977-Im-not-a-writer
by Jean1
Rated: E · Essay · Writing.Com · #1255977
Why I write
I'm here

I am not a writer, not really.

I enjoy writing, but I'm not comfortable calling myself a writer.  Writers are those whose words flow from their passions and become the passions of others.  Writers are those who can describe a storm cloud with such clarity and truth that you feel raindrops.  Writers are those who introduce you to people and places so that you feel like you are capable of being two places at once, home and inside the story.  Writers make you want to keep reading, sad that the tale is over or long for a sequel, more information or just one more page.


I am not a writer, not really.  But I write.  I write because there are words inside of me that sometimes struggle to make it to the surface, that can constrain my tongue but not my fingers.  I write because it's quieter than screaming "I'm mad!" or more cleansing than crying out "I'm worried".  I write when joy overflows my soul and streams into rivers of words.  I write to proclaim "I am here"!  I write when humor makes me laugh so happily that I want to share my mirth. I'm not a writer, not really....I write just to write and that is enough for me. 
© Copyright 2007 Jean1 (djbieb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255977-Im-not-a-writer