*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255985-Lightning
Rated: E · Short Story · Nature · #1255985
...growling and rumbling over the hills like some wild animal on the prowl.
I awoke to the far away rumblings of a Spring thunderstorm. The walls were gently lit by the flashes of far off lightning. Counting the seconds before hearing the thunder, I settled back, reassured that it wasn’t close by.
         
As I watched the lightning dance along the horizon, a gentle rain began to fall. My mind began to drift along with the rain drops, melting into sleep like rain melting into the ground.
         
A crack, a sizzle, and a blinding flash. The world seemed to pause for an instant--waiting--then it came, a roar that filled the heavens and shook the world with its power. It seemed it would go on forever; growing larger, filling every void, devouring everything in its path.
         
My house shuddered as the thunder rolled away, growling and rumbling over the hills like some wild animal on the prowl. It faded into the distance hunting, searching--leaving me wide awake and trembling in my bed.

© Copyright 2007 Daniels (llazyj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255985-Lightning