*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258275-LOTTIEMAES-BIG-SECRET
by toto
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Drama · #1258275
unconditonal love, forgiveness,getting even this play is not finish
SCENE ONE (IT IS 6:00 A.M. MONDAY MORNING, LOTTIEMAE SITTING AT THE KITCHEN TABLE THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO COOK FOR BREAKFAST, WHEN COLE COMES IN.)


COLE
Good morning mother, how are you feeling today?

LOTTIEMAE

I'm just fine and you.You want some breakfast. I just put on a pot of coffee.


COLE

Yes I will have some breakfast.

LOTTIEMAE

What would you like?

COLE

I'll have some eggs and toast, bacon and a cup of lottie's famous coffee.


(COLE STRIKING A CONVERSATION WITH HIS MOTER)

You know momma, I been feeling a little strange lately, I don't know what is wrong.....it like something is going on but I can't put my hand on it.I'm going over to Beebee's house in a little while to see my kids. The other day I called Beebee and she started going off on me and I don't know what the problem is.

LOTTIEMAE

You two need the Lord in you. did you and her have an argument?

COLE ( STARTS TO CRY)

Yea. And in the process of the argument she told me that the kids aren't mine.
Why did she tell me that, she knows how I feel about my kids.

( LOTTIEMAE SAYING UNDER HER BREATH)

NO she didn't say that to you. Why that blunt smoking fool. Who the hell do she think she is. She is no God gift to this world.


(COLE SHAKES HIS INDEX FINGER AT LOTTIEMAE)


Now momma she is the mother of my kids, you shouldn't talk about her like that.


LOTTIEMAE

Boy grow the hell up.Listen to me she was just upset ok. Now wipe those damm tears from your eyes, and let's eat our breakfast.


COLE
(WIPES THE TEARS)

Ok momma, you are right. I know you would let me know what is what.


(LOTTIEMAE THINKING ABOUT HER SECRET)

Son there is something that I have to tell you and your sister(Candy). It's not bad but I hope when I tell you two will understand it.


(COLE LOOKING STRANGE TAKING SLOW BITES OF FOOD)

What is it momma? Did we do something wrong?

(LOTTIEMAE BAKING OUT FROM TELLING AT THIS MOMENT)

No you two are ok. I'll let you know when the time is right. I want you two to know that I love you two unconditionaly No matter what happens.

COLE

Ok momma.Well I better get ready for work. You know I am starting a new job today. I'll be working in the Street Dept. for the City of St. Louis.I will be patching up the holes in the street.

(LOTTIEMAE LAUGHING)

Bout time the city doing something about those holes in the streets. They can tear up a car, and my old Buick can't take much more on it. It is raggedy as hell. When I drive over a pot hole it feels as though the bottom of the car is going to fall out.

(COLE GETS UP AND STARTS TO WALK TO THE BATHROOM TO TAKE HIS SHOWER RUNNING WATER SOUNDS )


LOTTIEMAE
(DROPS A GLASS)


GOTDAMMIT , I BROKE THIS WATER GLASS. this secret is getting to me.


(THERE IS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR, MS. PLEASURE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR)


(LOTTIEMAE)

WHO THE HELL IS IT?


MS. PLEASURE


It's me Lottie open up the freaking door.

(LOTTIE GETS UP AND GOES TO OPEN THE DOOR)

Damm girl why you over to my house this early for? It is only one thing that could have brought you here and that is you have some juicy gossip.


MS PLEASURE

Girl I just want to let you know that I have this friend that is looking for a nice lady friend to be with and all I could do was think of you. Is that ok.


LOTTIEMAE

It is ok. girl how is he? and what is his name?


MS. PLEASURE

Well he's single and tall, bald, and no children, his name is Jester Long.


LOTTIEMAE

Well let's meet this man. I do believe that I do need a man in my life, well every since my Harold died (bless his soul) I am lonley, sitting in this big house daya after day looking at these 4 walls. I need some exciting in my life.


(LOTTIEMAE WALKS AROUND, LOOKING IN A DAZE, THINKING ABOUT HER SECRET)


MS. PLEASURE

Girl are you alright? You seem as though you are not with it. What's up?


LOTTIEMAE

You remember when I told you about the secret of Cole, and Candy. Well the secret has been bothering me for some time now. And I just wish that my sister would call or visit me so we can resolve this matter. And on top of things That damm Beebee wants to destroy Cole with some bull-shit about the kids aren't his.



MS. PLEASURE

Girl you know how some of these airheaded women are, they are stupid. It's like they have dicks for heads.


(COLE COMES OUT OF THE BATHROOM, WITH A TOWEL WRPPED AROUND HIM)

MS. PLEASURE

Good gody boy, look at you boy I wish I was 10 years younger I'll rock your world for you, and make you forget all your problems.


(LOTTEI, COLE AND MS. PLEASURE STARTS LAUGHING)


LOTTIEMAE

Girl in your wildest dreams. You got cob-webs running out of you.


MS. PLEASURE

HA HA. funny, I know I still got what it takes.


(COLE INTERUPTS THE TWO OF THEM)

Momma have you seen my bottle of cologne? I can't find it.

LOTTIEMAE

No I haven't seen it. maybe you took it upstairs ito your room.Or better yet ask your son. Sometimes he's walking around here trying to be like your black ass.


(LOTTIEMAE GETS UP, STARTS WASHING THE BREAKFAST DISHES)


COLE

Damm momma, who else is Cole Jr. suppose to imitate?


LOTTIEMAE

Watch your mouth young man, you know I don't like you talking like that.


COLE

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Ain't that one of your sayings momma.


(LOTTIE TURNS AROUND AND LOOKS AT COLE)


LOTTIEMAE

Boy gone up-stairs and get ready for work before you be late.


(COLE GOES UP-STAIRS TO FINISH GETTING READY FOR WORK)


MS. PLEASURE (MMMMMMMMM)


Girl I still say I can rock his world for him. Lottie the boy is a fine looking young man. and I mean '"FINE AS WINE IN THE SUMMERTIME"'.


(LOTTIEMAE) (SNICKERING)

If you don't stop talking like that, I'm going upside your nappy ass head. Oh getting back to this Jester Long guy tell me is he packing or what?


MS. PLEASURE

I told you some about him . Oh he owns his own construction company, the name of it is Ding Dong Construction Co.


(LOTTIEMAE LOOKING INTERESTED)

Girl I want to know if the man packing or what? or do I have to ask where is the beef? I hope he is strong like my Harold was, and not some skinny moroney. I mean my Harold was mmmmmmmmmmmm good. that man knew just how to satisfy me in the best ways.

(LIGHTS GOES DOWN CURTAIN CLOSES)



SCENE TWO


(CURTAIN OPENS, LIGHTS ON, LOTTIEMAE AND MS. PLEASURE ARE SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM, LOTTIE ON THE COUCH, MS. PLEASURESITTING IN A CHAIR)


(LOTTIEMAE STARTS TO CRY)


MS. PLEASURE

Girl what's wrong? Are you thinking about the secret again? Everything is going to be just fine when you tell the kids.


(MS. PLEASURE GOES OVER AND SITS NEXT TO LOTTIE HUGGING HER, THEN LOTTIEMAE STOPS CRYING)


LOTTIEMAE

You see I thought that I wouldn't have a second chance at having kids, but the good Lord saw fit for me to raise Cole and Candy. I lost my baby at birth, it was a boy, I was going to name him Harold Jr.

MS. PLEASURE

Girl I didn't know that you had a baby tell me what happened.

LOTTIEMAE

Well after Harold and I were married for 2 years, we decided to have a family, so I got pregnant, and the pregnancy went fine. until I went in to have the baby, we at the hospital Harold kept saying he wanted to see the baby be born. So the doctor let him in the delivery room for the event. Girl when the baby's head started to come , the dr. asked Harold if he wanted to see it be born this fooled said yes. So he went down to the end of the table to see it, all of a suddened we heard a thump, that fool had fainted.


(ms. pleassure starts to laugh)

So I said, "'what a fine time for you to take your evening nap'". the doctors and nurses started laughing, then the doctor asked the nurse to take him out of there. then the nurse came back in by that time the baby was here, I heard my baby cry, then all of a suddened I didn't hear it no more.


(LOTTIE STARTS BACK CRYING)

When Harold cam to my room I told him to go and see what was wrong with my baby. he did

Then he came back with tears streaming down his face I took one look at him and I knew that my precious baby was dead.


(ms. pleasure starts to cry)


O h girl, I'm am sooooooo sorry. I know and understand why this secret is hurting you. Well when you hear from your sister, tell her it is time for her to own up to her responsibility.


(COLE WALKS IN, LOTTIE AND MS. PLEASURE STOPS TALKING) (COLE LAUGHS AS HE WALKS OUT THE DOOR)


COLE

By you two gossipping old women.


(LOTTIE AND MS. PLEASURE BOTH SAY)

BY BY.


(A FEW MOMENTS LATER, A KNOCK ON THE DOOR)



LOTTIEMAE

Who the hell is it?

(answer on the other side of the door)


Ding Dong Construction Co.

LOTTIEMAE (TALKING TO MS. PLEASURE)


Aint that the same construction co. your friend works for?


(MS. PLEASURE WIPES HER TEARS)


MS. PLEASURE


Sure is. Open the door girl.


LOTTIE OPENS THE DOOR)


MS. PLEASURE

I''ll be damm. 2 strong men coming in.


LOTTIEMAE

Shut the hell up you. You know what's up. And don't tell me you don't ok. which one of you is Jester Long?


(JESTER HOLDS HIS HAND OUT FOR A SHAKE)


I'm Jesture Long. And you are? with your fine looking self.


(LOTTIE SHAKES HIS HAND)

I'm Lottiemae Boobs. I mean if a man can come to a woman's house and see her in her old duster gown and say what you just said can't be all that bad.


(JESTURE TELLS HIS FRIEND TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR HIM)


JESTURE

Well hello Dolly... I mean Lottie.


LOTTIEMAE PUTS HER HANDS ON HER HIPS)


Damm man can't you get the name straight?(pause) So you are Jesture Long, you do look enticing. well what brings you by?


JESTURE

Ms. Pleasure I mean Kinyod asked me to stop by. I hope that this is ok. If not I can come back a another time. Is it............


(LOTTIE INTERUPTS JESTURE, LOOKS AT MS. PLEASURE AND SAYS)


LOTTIE (SHAKES HER HEAD, AND LAUGHING)

Girl your name is fucked up. What in the world was your mother thinking when she named you.


MS. PlEASURE

The hell with you Lottie.


(LOTTIE TURNS TO JESTURE)

No by all means stay awhile. Could I get you something?


(JESTURE)

No mam I'm just fine. You sure have a nice house here, how long have you been staying here? .



(MS. PLEASURE MAKING HER WAY OUT THE DOOR)



(MS. PLEASURE) INTERRUPTS SPEAKING


By you two, I'll see you later Lottie. Don't do nothing that I wouldn't.


(LOTTIE TILTS HER GLASSES DOWN LOOKING AT MS. PLEASURE)

Girl gone down the street, with your crazy ass.


(JESTER SITTING NEXT TO LOTTIEMAE ON THE COUCH, WHEN HE REACHES OVER TO SMELL THE PERFRUME SHE HAS ON)


JESTER

Damm woman you show smell good. What's that perfrume you wearing?

LOTTIEMAE

It's called Cool Water. And this is my favorite cologne. It comes in a blue bottle. Here I'll show you.

(LOTTIEMAE WALKS TO HER BEDROOM TO GET THE BOTTLE OF PERFRUME OFF HER DRESSOR, WHEN SHE TURNS AROUND SHE BUMPS INTO JESTER)


LOTTIEMAE

See here's the bot bot bottle of perfrume. What the hell's wrong with you man walking up on me like that?

(JESTER DIMS THE LIGHTS AND GIVES LOTTIE ONE OF THOSE BILLY DEE KISSES, SHE DROPS THE BOTTLE OF PERFRUME, THEN SHE PUTS HER ARMS AROUND HIM. THEN HE LETS HER GO.)


LOTTIEMAE

Dmmitt man that kiss was good. you go make me lose my self control. where did that come from.I hope you don't move to fast cause, it's been a long time since I had a man, so take it easy ok.

(LOTTIE STAIGHTENS HER GLASSES, THEN THE TWO WALK BACK TO THE COUCH, THE PHONE RINGS)

LOTTIEMAE

Hello who dis? Hello.....Hello....

(CALLER ON THE OTHER END)

Hello Lottie, it's me Karen.How are you doing?


LOTTIE(STUNNED AT THE VOICE)

Hello baby sis, how are you doing? I'm fine so what gives me this pleasure. I haven't heard from you in years. What's going on in your life? I do believe we need to talk about you know what.

(KAREN ON THE PHONE)

You are right we do need to talk. That's why I am calling you. I'm in California and I'm thinking about coming to be with you for a while.How are the kids? I received your letter a while back but I was kind of busy, I tell you more when I get there ok.I am taking a flight out tommorrow, my plane leaves here at 7:00 p.m. and I will arrive in St. Louis around 12:00 midnight your time. Could you please come and pick me up?

LOTTIEMAE

Show will pick up my baby sis. I can't wait until tommorrow.

KAREN

Well see you then. by for now.

LOTTIE

Yea by.

(THEY BOTH HANGS UP THE PHONE, THEN LOTTIE YELLS FOR JESTER)


JESTER HEY JESTER

JESTER

I'm here Lottie, who was that on the phone? are you ok? you acting as though you were talking to a ghost.


LOTTIEMAE

Kind of, It was my baby sister Karen, I haven't seen nor heard from here since she left in years. I can't wait till she gets here I would like for you to meet her, but first her and I have to spend time alone to catch up on things.























© Copyright 2007 toto (lottiemae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258275-LOTTIEMAES-BIG-SECRET