*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258586-The-Beauty-of-Lifes-Unknowns
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1258586
This is an expression of what has been revealed to me in my life lately.
Life drapes its eminent curtains around my delicate face,
and through such transparently guiled beauty i see.
My blinded eyes are pryed open to see all that i've been missing.
I stand...
and I look
and I watch
and I thoughtfully observe....
a lonely, learned man
a scared young maiden
and a hopeful yet pained single mother.
The man fights to gain back the joys he once had. (He lost such joys to his own selfish temptation years ago.)
The naive young maiden is being wrapped up in a whirlwind of new people and intimidating events that are thrilling yet frightening, and she soon begins to loose sight of those who truly love her.
The lovely single mother surrounds herself with busywork to make the pain disappear, when what she doesn't know is that she is only further deepening her wounds instead of allowing them to heal.
They do not know...
They do not know what is coming next, and they do not know the fates in which are embroidered and sewn into life's intricate drapery that surrounds me.
They are lost, and are not even sure of the roads on which they travel.
Its tragic, yet resplendent, for what would life be if they were aware of their fates?  What would this elaborate, entangled expression of beauty be if they knew?  It would be nothing.
It would be a blank, dull canvas of nothing...of no dreams, no passion, no destiny, and no love.  It would be no artistic masterpiece of spontinaity nor splendor. 
It would be a blank, dull canvas which reveals nothing. nothing at all. 
Therefore I thank God for life's beauty, and for all that is unknown.
© Copyright 2007 Molly Mayson (maskedpoet17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258586-The-Beauty-of-Lifes-Unknowns