*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259302-Giggles
by Mandrz
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1259302
The introduction to a potentially good horror novel I'm working on.
She saw it from her bed. Its red eyes glowed like hot coals at the bottom of a dying fire. It didn't move. The thing just sat there and stared at her from her closet. It seemed like forever before she even dared to move. But she couldn't just sit there like that, wound up in her heavy blankets like a butterfly in its cocoon. Maxine had to act fast. She dashed for the door...but it was quicker. It threw itself towards her.

As her hand wrapped around the doorknob, it landed on top of her, forcing her to the floor. Maxine had never realized how heavy it was before. It wasn't this heavy before, she thought, but it's alive now.

She rolled on her back to look it in the eyes. She was looking for an answer. Why was it haunting her? This was something she would never find out, for at that very moment it bared its teeth and drove them deep into her throat. It tore her esophagus from its home, but it remained attached at both ends, continuing up into her mouth and down into her digestive system. The little being pulled.

The cord ripped her chest in half. Blood sprayed his face, and he squealed with glee.

It continued to eat her alive. It was a long and painful process for Maxine. Had her neglective parents believed her when she tried to tell them that it was possessed, this would not have happened.

It stood up and walked over to the window. There was a full moon out tonight. The light of the silver globe washed over his face.

The puppet grinned, and blood trickled down his chin and ran onto the carpet.
© Copyright 2007 Mandrz (squeen09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259302-Giggles