*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259813-The-Tale-I-Have-To-Tell
Rated: ASR · Novel · Drama · #1259813
This is a tale I must tell or else I won't ever get it out of my mind...


Introduction

The tale I must tell, the tale that sweeps my mind, and I don't know why. The tale rapes my mind until I feel weak and useless and I have nothing left. This tale is my own and mine alone. I don't know what drives me, I don't know what I am. I just know that I'm human, but I'm sicker and sicker by the passing day. If I don't get this out now, I may never get it out. I may never write another word after I'm finished but all I know is this....


Chapter 1


I was born and I know I will soon die. I was born to a family where I was considered a bastard, an unwanted creature from hell. My mother, all of sixteen and out of wedlock, is who I came from. Amilea Baker, her name was. A name that haunts my soul. She died when I was three, she was found in her room. She had hung herself. Considering the circumstances, I don't think I can blame her, although I blamed her much during my teenaged years, because of the harsh treatment from her mother. Janice Baker, the wretched grandmother. The over religious, the sickening creature that gave birth to my mother. The creature I believe drove my mother to suicide.


I was locked in a dark closet many times as a child, for hours at a time. I was beaten, I was verbally abused, and I overcame it somehow.

(WRETCHED NOTHING! YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN, YOU BASTARD CHILD OF SATAN! ENJOY HELL YOU THOUGHTLESS LITTLE SINNING BEAST!)

As I got older, when I was tweleve, I got 'the curse'. It was late, right before I went to bed. I started screaming! I didn't know what to do, all I could do was screaming. "Girl, if I'm here for nothing, I promise I will beat you within an INCH of your LIFE!" she said. "I'm BLEEDING! What do I do?! What..." I was cut off with a slap. "SINNER! You've gotten it! YOU'VE GOTTEN IT! You're a disgrace, haven't I taught you anything? God has cursed you! CURSED YOU! You were cursed from birth. You're cursed in life. You're CURSED FOREVER!" She bellowed, by then I had stopped screaming. I had stopped everything, every movement, every blink. Everything. " Get you're self cleaned up! Stuff up the bleeding with toilet paper AND GO TO BED AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" She said.
© Copyright 2007 M.A. Albright (readera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259813-The-Tale-I-Have-To-Tell