*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261046-Loneliness
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1261046
Small free verse poem I wrote about loneliness.
Loneliness swept over her like the crisp air of winter.
She knew she wasn’t alone, that she had so many who’d always be there for her, but she felt alone.
There was that one soul, that one person that when, she was without him, she couldn’t suppress the curtains of solitude from falling over her in waves of lonesomeness.
Could she survive this time without him when she so desperately wanted to be near him?

She longed to feel his protective arms surround her.
She desired to hear those sweet words of reassurance; the gentle touch of his lips as they’d merely brush her temple.
If her eyes shut now, she could almost imagine the briefest of touches, as his fingertips swept the hair from her face, and his palm settled lovingly to her cheek.
She could see the love reflected in his green eyes, as they encompassed her very soul in folds of warmth and comfort.
A smile tugged at his lips, lifting just the corners of his mouth and then he dipped his head forward.
She was sure she would feel his mouth upon hers; a kiss to assure that he was with her.
But just as his eyes closed, she had opened her own.
Reality struck her wound reopen.

She was alone.
© Copyright 2007 Reverie (reverie2189 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261046-Loneliness