*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261883-I-am-beautiful
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #1261883
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever"
“A thing of beauty is a joy forever,” this is one of the most amusing quotes I have come across on beauty. I am a big fan of the chicken soup. So I am obviously quite used to reading about the life of most teenagers across the world especially about their broken relationships and their various inferiority complexes. Every time I would read such things the end more or less would be the same to everybody’s issue. Most of them feel confident by the end of it all and instead of seeing their weakness would flaunt their strengths. This is where the paradox of the whole issue arises. How can one be happy and confident when one knows his or her weakness? How can we as individuals put a smile on our faces and pretend as if we are the happiest on the planet? In most cases, good looks are the issue. Why and what is beauty? How do you measure it? How do you actually differ between beauty and the ugly, between attractiveness and the unattractive? None of us no matter how hard we try would know the answers to any of these questions. Now when I analyze this as a teen myself and when I try to look up for answers the only thing I find is that everyone has to say the same. All I hear is “Try to be happy and make use of all your strengths”, “you are a beautiful person”, inner-beauty is what matters” and etc. If that is the case then why in parties and other events do we actually have to face a lot of mockery on our faces or behind our backs? None of us are super humans to forget all that and actually imply what other people have to say to us. Are we actually capable of doing this? When we know that we don’t have the perfect figure, or we have a slightly longer nose than the others when we portray people as perfect or when people who love us do things that make us feel inferior how do we still look up or feel good about ourselves. That is what ultimately matters. Looking at my strength and neglecting my weakness would be absolutely outrageous. I would rather suggest that we make sure that we find people who love us for what we are and not for how we look or could be otherwise. Trust me this is the best way out. And even if it takes you years to actually accrue such people around you go ahead and do it. At least at the end of a lifetime you have nothing to regret or feel sad about.
© Copyright 2007 amzworld (amrita46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261883-I-am-beautiful