*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262019-Confession
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1262019
Confession about a Government cover-up.
June 24,2002
Hi my name is Bill Weston.I am 42,I have salty black hair,brown eyes,I am 5 ft 11 and slim.I am writing this "confession" of hopes that someone will find it.I might not be around much longer.
Let me explain I worked in a research facility at a US Army Base,The Aberdeen Proving Ground which is located right outside of Baltimore,Md.
The building is a square building about 5 stories high.Painted white on the outside and a soft blue on the inside.There is a parking lot to the side of the building.
Most people in the building had no idea what was going on in the fifth floor.They just knew it was a research lab and left it at that.Government workers get used to not asking too many questions.
We had our own elevator.When you get off the floor.There are 3 labs..To enter your lab you had to do a finger and eyes scan.I was in Lab 3,just at the right of the elevator.
I was working late the night of June 23 finishing up my report on bio-nuclear power.I looked at my watch,1:30 AM.That was it for me.
I was about to leave,I hear loud voices from an adjoining lab.I saw Col.John Pascale,who has total control over the fifth floor and answers right to the White House, arguing with a white gentleman in a black suit that was built like the typical Government Geek.Slim,straight as an arrow,looks like they have sticks up there asses.
I didn't think anything of it.So I started to walk out and as I was walking I found a peace of paper on the ground in the hallway.

Confidential

From President George W. Bush
To: Con. John Pascale
Re:Project Renegade

Col Pascale,I want you to proceed as instructed.I trust you told know one.We need to keep them renegade Anti-war,left wing liberals in line.As you know,I signed a law.I can detain anyone I deem a terrorist and those liberals are terrorists as far as I am concerned.
I saw the plans for the first phase I like the location,Montana is a good place.,good start Set-up the fences,lets get this "town built".I want this done so I can start moving on my plans.We are going to hit the major Cities,LA,New York and the surrounding areas.We will send the military to every protest,mass arrests and then ship them to "new towns" all over this great Country of ours.
I want phase two implemented immediately.Lets get some building done.And then we can proceed to Phase three and get those trouble makers and put them in there place.
I want to you to teach them the American way,have classes and drill it too them.lets get them back in line.Then if and when we see fit,we will release them.
I talked to Dick about the other problem.The workers working on the town.There disposable.Accidents happen.


George W.Bush.

My hands were shaking.I couldn't believe what I was reading.I didn't want to believe that the top level of our Government were building detainment camps for US Citizens.Who could I turn too.Who can I trust with this ?
I was almost running out of the building,through the corridor.I said Good Night to Joe,The Night Security Guard.He was Actually,Master Sargent Joe Smythe from Mobile,Alabama.Nice guy.
I procede to lot B and jumped into my Black BMW 328 i coupe and raced home.I live on Jane St. in a gray 2 story house.A typical upscale suburban neighborhood right in Aberdeen.
I was up all night.Who could I talk too.Should I just leak it too the Washington Post ? Hand it over to the FBI ? God Damn..I think to myself.
I wake up at the crack of dawn around 6 AM after just 2 hours of restless sleep.Still in my brown slacks and button down tan shirt and brown suede dockers.
I decide to send a copy to the Washington Post.It worked during Watergate I thought.
That is when I decide to write this letter.

7:14 AM

A knock on the door.It was UPS.The man in the friendly Brown Uniform.With a package in his left hand concealing the Glock 40 Cal. handgun fitted with a silencer in his right hand loaded with deadly black talon bullets.
The door opens up.A shot to the chest and head.

June 24, 4 PM Oval Office

In the room is the President VP Bush,Dick Cheney and Col.John Pascale.There was tension in the room as the discuss how something so important can get lost or stolen.Col. Pascale told President Bush he had leads and the situation would be resolved quickly.
A knock on the Oval Office door.
Karol Rove,Senior Advisor to President Bush rushes in.
In his right hand is a large Manilla envelope.he hands it too President Bush and announces,Problem solved.
Everyone smiles and sighs with relief
In the Manilla envelope the President found the memo and the note that Bill Weston was writing.
Problem Solved for them.Not for the American people.
© Copyright 2007 Louie Knuckles (goombata32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262019-Confession