*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262534-The-rose
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Drama · #1262534
This is a mix of fairytales but in a more mature version. enjoy:)
I feel the rocks that were keeping me steady move as I trip, I fall. Fall down a hill, just enough to beat me so I can feel my bones soar and tearstained face fill with dirt. “No, no-please, I’m so sorry. I wo-I won’t do it again,” I cry, my legs hurt so much. My arms are sprawled in a way that I think is broken. “Just please, I’m so sorry,” I sob harder, I can hear my lips shake as I let out a small scream. The pain is so harsh, I just want to let go. I hide my face from her angered look, so full of hatred just pointed at me. “Just stay there, since you act like trash, might as well live in it!” she screamed in my face. I try my best to focus on something other than the pain…my garden. My flowers; my roses. They are blooming, I’m only a few meters away; just around the corner. My mother always told me to mend them everyday, I still remember her in her apron telling me stories when I was a little girl about what roses did. How they were the closest thing to love, how they could create love but ban love as well. But as a little girl, I could hardly remember the details, just how the story went. She told me that roses only grew with enough magic so I had to always mend them so maybe one day, they will bloom. I can just imagine them, all open, surrounding me with their scent.
         “You’re a useless girl, you fool. You’re worthless, I don’t understand why you’re with me!” I see her lifting something from the corner of my eye, something long, something…I look just in time to see; but too late to react. She swings a branch, right on my left temple. I feel the pain spread from my eyebrow to my whole head, to my whole body. Completely indulged in the pain, but slowly I lose focus. Slowly I am losing sight, everything getting dim, I saw her face one last time; laughing.

         Water hits my forehead, the whole atmosphere is so cold. The pain is still there, I try to scrunch my eyebrows but they have gone numb to my intentions and don’t move. It feels like some kind of bruise has settled from the wipe out I had. “Ah-wha,” I feel the grass under me squish as I move. Damp is what it is, wait…no; soaked. I finally open my eyes, I see the trees, my breath as I grasp for air, raindrops. It’s pouring rain, I’m still outside. “That bitch!” I scream. “She left me out here. She left me to die!” I try to get up, but my arms seem to dangle, I can’t even feel anything anymore. I just know that they won’t work, not the way I want them to. I wobble, step after step, I limp towards a tree wide enough for me to lean on. The whole forest is soaked, almost like a flood could form in the next two hours. “I can’t believe her, she planned this whole thing. She wanted me to die, no one would of known either!” I scream, no one would hear me, no one would care.
© Copyright 2007 moncheri (moncheri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262534-The-rose