*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263638-The-Mind-Set
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Camp81
Rated: 18+ · Preface · Thriller/Suspense · #1263638
The Prologue of an author's chance for success turns into a nightmare.
Prologue

Thursday, May 17th, 2007

      We can't determine who we are going to meet, we can't discover what will happen a half-hour from now. Sure, we may know what we will be doing, and whom we will be with, but what happens when everything we know vanishes, swept under us from what we thought was sturdy ground? We as humans believe things outside "our own little world" cannot hurt us physically or emotionally. The way we have been taught while growing up is "Worry about yourself and others around you." The fact of the matter is, is that people are not telling us to do this because we have to, it's because they don't want us to know the inside information. Our world is equipt with gadgets that allow us to hide things that we find personal and revealing, and when these things are realeased, many of us feel even more insecure about ourselves and others. The internet allows us to keep that information bottled up with passwords and codes so that noone else is allowed in. When everything is swept away from us we may wind up in a better place, things we never dreamed of would be released and everyone might learn that there's no such thing as a sure thing. It may not be for subtle reasons or we may not even mentally understand the aspect of what is happening to us, but we know emotionally.
    The point in our lives as humans where we finally understand the difference of mental behavior and emotional display. When a force so strong moves us emotionally, and we can't understand why. It may be a death of a close relative, the joy of a wedding day, or the immaculate feeling of self-respect and accomplishment. People are different. Shapes and sizes, color and religion, and yet we as humans treat each other like we are non-human. Wars, drugs, racism, and profanity. These things we use against one another are for satisfaction and to make sure we, ourseleves, are on top.
    I myself was a person of this calabur. That was until these events had changed my life and everything in it. we as a majority are afraid, afraid of crying, and afriad of being too angry. In some cases like these, that emotionally happen to us, it is okay to do things that may be too harsh or extremely sad. Someday this story, my story, will touch you physically, emotionally, and mentally. This story begins through my wife, the reason I get up every morning, and to me, the reason the sun shines everyday. Our 15 year old house in the outskirts of Washington D.C. is just as old as our marriage. Through the good and bad she's there for me everyday and from my dedication to her, I'd like to say thank you for all you have given me: a life of serenity and fulfillment.
© Copyright 2007 Camp81 (camp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263638-The-Mind-Set