*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264573-Memory-and-Bliss
Rated: GC · Short Story · Erotica · #1264573
Two old lovers meet for one night.
Written for the Sensual Moments contest.

I knew then I would always remember the next few hours.  I hadn’t seen Fitz in at least five years, he hadn’t changed much and neither had I.  It started off with a few drinks in the bar before we ended up in his hotel room where he had a 10 year old Scotch which seemed like a good idea at the time.

I’m not exactly sure how it happened. I know that I stood and he said my name. Softly, nearly in a whisper and I turned. He was looking at me with such a look of desire and confusion on his face.  ‘Amy.’ He said again, almost imploringly.

‘Fitz, no….’ I wasn’t sure quite what to say next.  It had been such a long time since we’d seen each other but a few hours together and everything came flooding back.  He stood up and I instinctively backed away.  I knew what would happen if he touched me, I could remember only too well.  A blush coloured my cheeks and neck.  He took my hand.  It was if a shiver ran throughout my entire body and then suddenly we were kissing.

That kiss was like fine summer rain, it was soft and gentle, almost teasing, warm and like coming home. His familiar smell engulfed me and I wrapped my arms around him drawing him closer to me.  He pulled away and looked at me, he didn’t say anything, he didn’t have to; that look said it all. It gave me a choice, I could walk away now if I wanted to but I knew I couldn’t. It had been too late for me the moment he touched me. Now I was on fire for him and it felt like a choice of do or die.

In moments we were naked and stood looking at each other, feeling oddly sober now. Then he grabbed me again, kissing me forcefully, passionately.  His lips wandered down to my neck and down to my shoulder. I shivered with delicious desire.  I reached for him but he held my hand away from him, determined, it seemed, to give me my pleasure first.

And so I swam in a beautiful sea of warm bliss.  Over and over again sensuality washed over me like waves.  His body was warm and responsive against mine. Urgency overtaking him, Fitz pulled me harshly against him. I wrapped my arms around him, curling my fingers in his hair and seeking his lips once again.

For a  moment we did not move, just stayed still enjoying the moment of unity and the familiarity it brought with it.  When we did move, it was slow, dreamlike, hands touching, searching, our bodies moving of their own accord. We were powerless now to stop it and we’d already gone far already.

Legs and arms entwined we stepped up the pace, as if we’d never been away from each other.  Skin to skin, lips to lips we gave ourselves to each other, each answering the other. It had a sacredness to it, that it had never had when we were together as if we wanted to make it our last goodbye.  At the end, bathed in each other’s sweat, we stared at each other, the enormity of what we’d done starting to sink in.  We eased ourselves away from each other, feeling a warm glow of physical satisfaction and a nagging sense of regret.

It was a moment I knew I would carry with me forever.  Without a word, he pulled me into him and curled himself around me, arms wrapped about me and so we slept.

The next morning without a word, we dressed and I gave him one last kiss.  My last sight of Fitz was outside the hotel.  Our eyes met, his fingers went unconsciously to twist the gold band on the third finger of his left hand, I smiled and so we went our separate ways.
© Copyright 2007 Suze the Rock Chic (pixiesuze at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264573-Memory-and-Bliss