*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265697-Choices-Of-The-Heart-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kura
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Drama · #1265697
Edward faces the first phase of difficulty
"What do you mean we are unable?" asked the officer angrily as he looked at the slighty intimmidated private.
"we havent got enough soilders,sir,we need more recruits" replied the private taking a small step to get closer to confidence.The officer sighed and ran his fingers through your his hair.
"Alright,that is all" he said giving up and feeling all his anger had escaped effortlessly. The private hurridly walked out the room but tried not to run. He was so thankful that he had exited the atmosphere. The officer stared at his plan. He pictured it in his head. Part of his men standing at base A and base at B, but unfortuntly the private was right. There wasn't enough men on base b, they would be easily ambushed. His dismay was interrupted by another private. The officer tried to swallow his impateince and stood up. As the private entered, he seemed to come in very quickly almost eager to see something then he suddenly stopped like something or someone was blocking his path. The officer stared at him. The private's helmet was pulled down over his eyes.
"Can I help you?" asked the officer confused about the silence.
"I'm sorry" half wispered the private but with no emotion intact.
"What do you mean you're sorry?" asked the officer unnacostumed to this strange talk. The private didnt reply and returned to his peculiar silence.
"Speak up man!" Shouted the officer his reaction was not based on anger, but on awareness of this strange behaviour. Again the private didn't reply. He just stood there with his helment covering half his face, making him even more suspicous.
"And take that damned helment off infront of me!" Shouted the officer lifting up his helmet to see his revealed eyes. There was a great deal of silence. The private lazily removed his helmet and looked up at the officer as if he were a naughty child exclaming that he didn't eat all the strawberry jam while it was stuck on his face.
"Edward" Said the officer once again giving up on the shouting. Edward looked down on the floor.
"Father..." he stopped. He could see by his fathers expression that he did not want to hear it. The officer stepped back and took his hat that sat on his desk.
"I'm s-" Edward's appology was interrupted by his father waving his hand to stop.
"No...you're not my son anymore" he said in a slight gasp. He didnt feel right about what had just escaped from his lips. Edward just stood there. He was going to protest but he knew that would antagonise the situation.
"I disown you" Was the last sentence that left his quivering mouth.He charged out, leaving Edward to soak in the argument which had just occured.
© Copyright 2007 kura (virgo13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265697-Choices-Of-The-Heart-Part-2