*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266933-The-Silence-of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Experience · #1266933
reflection on the development of relationships during tragedy
The Silence of Love



His strength is there from the start. He is knowing, sensitive and caring. He greets her with arms open wide; holding her close wanting to provide comfort, knowing that is what she needs. He feels her pain—it matches his own. He seeks to love and protect. He is a good man.

She begins to look to him for guidance, support and friendship. Knowing he seeks the same from her. They are alike…more than they know. They have shared experiences that have never really been shared. It’s not just the music, that intrinsic element of the soul. It’s not just that they have shared the love of another—each in their own way. There are other commonalities…other needs. She sees in him herself…a gentle soul crying for caring. She thinks he sees the same in her. It is evident.

Together they share the ugly realities of death…friend and brother…lost forever. They shift through the rubble, looking for treasures. They talk about life. They share their grief…crying together. Each of them recognizes that this experience—so intense—will change them forever. Grateful for the understanding, the relief of guilt, they find peace…and love. Irony…in the ruin ash of one life, two lives bloom. They grow strong and independent, each taking with them lessons from their journey. They know that no matter the road traveled, they will stay forever connected. For that is the silence of love.

~ Donna Harmon
April 28, 2007

© Copyright 2007 Leigh61 (donna12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266933-The-Silence-of-Love