*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269178-Frozen-In-Time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1269178
Not always clinical depression , chosen bitterness can freeze into a sad state of mind.
The old victrola sat in the back parlor. It was well protected. A thick hook rug type cover kept out the dust and change of temperature. When no one was visiting, it was as if sealed away from existance. In the winter, the room was so cold you could see your breath. Truly the room felt like it was frozen in time. In the summer, this time capsule was well sealed and hot; all except for one small whiff of a breeze from a rotating fan.
She was as the old victrola. Somewhat sealed from every day outside cares, her mind frozen in time
When her family came to visit in the winter, a fire was started with coal in the old stove. The cover came off, the victrola music from the past played.
In the summer, plug in the fan, dust off the victrola, let the music crank out.
After everyone leaves, cover the victrola. In the summer, unplug the fan; in the winter, let the fire burn out slowly stirring the embers. Left with her memories, and
til the next visit, she is frozen in time.
Many of us are like the old victrola, just keeping a cover over our eyes and ears. Not wanting to be too uncomfortable, no real serious decisions. When people are around, crank up the music and let the good times roll... But we have a soul.In Matthew 11:29, Jesus says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul." With the Lord Jesus Christ, there is a continuing, learning, living life. We are never left with just our memories of yesterday, and waiting for the next visit. He is always with us.
Without the Lord Jesus Christ, we are all frozen in time.
With the Lord Jesus Christ I, have a choice to stay warm in God's SONshine.
© Copyright 2007 JudithJean France (ccchaplain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269178-Frozen-In-Time