*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269352-Diary-of-a-mad-man-part-1
by UK Pen
Rated: ASR · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1269352
The inner most thoughts of a man who's perspective of the world is slightly distorted
Dear Diary,

I have never kept a diary before so please bear with me and don’t give me a hard time if it’s a bit crap. As this is the first time we have formally met I will introduce myself to you. I am Mr Jones and I know we will become very good friends, because I can already tell that you are going to be a great listener. My hobbies include reading (I love the horrors from the masters like James Herbert and Shaun Hutson), walking & like to take some quality time when grocery shopping as I am a firm believer that people eat far too much processed garbage these days and a healthy diet can only be obtained by preparing food using fresh ingredients, which is why my other hobby is cooking.

Please feel free to stop me if I am waffling on as I do tend to do this sometimes. Just the other day I came off my medication, a combination of Lithium, Valporic Acid & Lamotragine. The doctor informed me that my progress had been “excellent” and that he “couldn’t have wished for a better result”. So here I am feeling far better than I have in a long time without all that poison coursing through my veins.

I went shopping today, the supermarket was incredibly busy with lots of old folk and single mums grabbing their groceries as they so often do during the day. If you go there in the evening there are far too many career obsessed yuppies and high flyers jabbering away on their phones while they stack their shopping carts full of “ready meals” and other convenient barely edible junk. It pisses me off (I hope you don’t mind my cursing it’s a rare thing as you will see)the way they look down their noses at people like me in their expensive suits and hand made shoes. This is why I shop through the day.

Now the last few weeks when I have been shopping on a Wednesday (always at around 2pm to get the brunt of the lunchtime rush over with) I have noticed the same single mother (I assume she’s single) with her young son shopping there too. Today she dropped a bag of dried penne pasta which split and scattered all over the floor. I could see she was slightly embarrassed by this and was trying to console her crying child so I dashed over to help her. She has the most amazing green eyes you have ever seen and a smile that belongs in Hollywood. Her shoulder length blond hair looks like silk and when she leaned over I could tell that it smelled like strawberries. Now I am no lecherous pervert but when she leaned forwards her “V” neck sweater hung loose giving me a marvellous view of her incredibly ample breasts. When I caught my self looking I mentally chastised myself and immediately looked away before she saw me looking.

Shortly after we had started to gather the pasta up a store attendant arrived with the appropriate tools for the job. She turned to me and thanked me for my help and then wheeled the cart away with the screaming child. Even this was a sight to behold. I now know where the phrase “I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave” came from. She was perfect! She reminded me a little of a younger Diane Lane with a slight look of Cameron Diaz in her facial features. I felt like an embarrassed teenager with butterflies in my stomach.

I felt a connection with this woman and I think she felt it too. She is so perfect that it’s hard to imagine her any other way. I feel like I should preserve her the way she is because there is no way she could be any better and age will only make her looks fade. I think next Wednesday I’ll go to the super market again. In fact I’ll pencil it in now Wednesday the 25th at 2:15pm go to the supermarket and get groceries and the beautiful blond lady.

Now don’t you let me forget now I’m entrusting you with this. I’ll save her!

I think she needs to be saved!

Mr Jones
© Copyright 2007 UK Pen (dazjem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269352-Diary-of-a-mad-man-part-1